Campaign To Bring Back The Old Badge !

10.Goater_Legend said:
Stick with the current badge, it represents the current era (and hopefully golden era) of the club.

Not if we change it before we win anything, shirley.

I'd love to see a completely new crest to go with our completely new status as a club. The old one was shit, the current one isn't bad, but a new one could signify the start of a new golden era.

Don't like the current badge, lose the eagle and stars. Seen some good efforts on here.

The old badge is just the old new badge. It's not like it was invented back in 1896, it lacks any kind of style or history - only romantic notions of a long gone (and mostly forgettable) past. The Lancashire rose is no longer relevant, and is not unique to Manchester - let LCCC have it.

While I'm no fan of the three stars, the so-called "new" badge borrows as much if not more from the Manchester Coat of Arms than the previous. I'd like to see it updated i.e. drop the stars and maybe replace them with something with meaning. Other than that I'm in the camp that believes it looks fine.

the old badge was great but the current one symbolises a new dawn, the 3 stars will soon have significance, the 2 rivers will always be manchester, the latin motto is a battle cry, and the eagle is a symbol of dominance which will inevitably happen soon

the fact ive got it tattoo'd on my chest has nothing whatsoever to do with it

We are in danger of being called "The Eagles" unless we return to the previous incarnation.
The 3 stars are a joke as well

Flixton is blue said:
We are in danger of being called "The Eagles" unless we return to the previous incarnation.

What the fook you on about, utter rubbish. The current badge has been around for 13 years and I've never heard this before. Most people think it's a phoenix or griffin anyway, it's not immediately recognisable as an eagle.

RealMancsAreBlue said:
Should we have one or should we just not bother, I think we should go back to the old badge personally, why? because I just do !

man-city.gif

or more to the point, we should never have changed it in the first place !

You should never have changed the badge in the first place. The new one is awful. Why has it got an EAGLE on it?! At least the old one had a point to it, red rose of Lancashire with a ship from the Manchester Ship Canal. I haven't seen a re-designed badge that's any better than the one it replaced, other than Chelsea's and that was based on their original badge. Bring back ALL the old badges!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.