Camping YES or NO

Our family holidays when I was a nipper were always camping. I've taken my chaps away since they were tiny.
It's all about the site, the stuff you have and a bit of luck of the draw with the weather in the uk.
Anglesey by the beach for body boarding, Gower by the beach to learn to surf and Biarritz by the beach to surf have been our last few trips.
Last year for france I bought a cathedral of an inflatable tent that takes 20 minutes to put up. Three double bedrooms and a lounge with blow up sofas and armchairs, fridge/freezer, strings of fairy lights and oodles of space.
Outdoor kitchen set up in the awning with everything you'll ever need and a six seater dining table for dinner and wine in the candlelight.
I've also woken up in a scout tent in the lakes when I was a lad with the river from Buttermere literally flowing through the tent...

I used to work 12 hour shifts & every 9 weeks i got 18 days off, was always taking the kids away on holidays abroad, we went everywhere, spent fuck knows how much money.
The one holiday they always talk about, now they have grown up, camping in Saundersfoot, cost us £90 for the pitch ha

Not for me. If it’s in the countryside there are loads of horse flies around at the moment. If it’s not them there is always something around during the season trying to make a meal out of you.

There's a big world out there when you get into camping. When me and Mrs fish were younger we jetted all over but our fondest memories were camping in the Scottish Highlands...summer and winter!
Long walks in the mountains, couple of pints and steak and chips in a pub then back to the tent and crack open a bottle of vino.
Followed by best night sleep ever.
Noise pollution free.

There's a big world out there when you get into camping. When me and Mrs fish were younger we jetted all over but our fondest memories were camping in the Scottish Highlands...summer and winter!
Long walks in the mountains, couple of pints and steak and chips in a pub then back to the tent and crack open a bottle of vino.
Followed by best night sleep ever.
Noise pollution free.
Have you left something out between the wine and the sleep? -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.