Camping YES or NO

Happened to me in N.Wales (I was kipping in the back of the van and the coppers woke me up at 2am when they stopped to check), and I've also been involved in a couple of searches for people who've just gone for a wander without telling anyone.
Wow - that's mental.

Surely if someone was reported missing the police would get their reg number from the family member who reported them missing rather than start investigating random cars parked up in areas that are popular with people doing various outdoor activities day and night.

On a vaguely related note, Mountain Rescue do an amazing job and a lot of people don't know they're all volunteers - so for anyone on this thread who spends any time in remote outdoor areas I encourage you to donate a few quid to your local mountain rescue team if you're in a position to do so. They might save your life one day.

Idaho is blessed with so many, if you ever get the opportunity to do a 'Salmon River trip' take it. I've kayaked the Main Salmon many times, the Middle Fork of the Salmon, Hell's Canyon on the Snake, The Selway, The Owyhee, The Green in Utah, The Colorado through the Grand Canyon (18 nights on the river, private trip not guided). They're all pristine rivers and you could never tell anyone had ever been to one of the camp spots, they're immaculately clean because people care about the wilderness we have

MO too, having both the Mississippi and Missouri running through there's an abundance of tributaries. Him indoors grew up by the Big Piney, guided on it in his youth, so hes a stickler for leaving no trace. Haven't been on any river floats this summer yet. We have extreme drought in lots of places the rivers are just too low.

Camping in South Africa was the best experience ever. So it is a yes from me.
I wouldn't go camping when it is cold /windy /wet , cause can be really uncomfortable.
The best part for me - most of the campsites these days have a decent internet connection, so i can use Microsoft teams whatsapp and do my job directly from there.

Last edited:
I remember being camped up in the mountains by myself and having the tent surrounded by a heard of elk, I got trodden on a few times, not wnough to hurt but it freaked me out a bit.
My brother and sister in law moved here from Australia about five years ago, I took them camping in the wilderness by a mountain lake. Some time in the night we were woken up by the loudest noise you could imagine. A pack of coyotes were right in amongst is and spread out ready for their night's hunt. The lead dog must have been between our tents and once he called out it set of a chain of howls from the whole pack, I hear them all the time but being that close... the volume was incredible, scared the shot put pf my sister in law

I remember being camped up in the mountains by myself and having the tent surrounded by a heard of elk, I got trodden on a few times, not wnough to hurt but it freaked me out a bit.
My brother and sister in law moved here from Australia about five years ago, I took them camping in the wilderness by a mountain lake. Some time in the night we were woken up by the loudest noise you could imagine. A pack of coyotes were right in amongst is and spread out ready for their night's hunt. The lead dog must have been between our tents and once he called out it set of a chain of howls from the whole pack, I hear them all the time but being that close... the volume was incredible, scared the shot put pf my sister in law
Questions;

Was that on Brokeback mountain ?
Was Bacon there ?
Pics of sister in law or it didn't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.