Can a band make more than two albums nowadays

Depends what you're into.

Indie wise, (like you've suggested) bands don't do more than one or two great ones (although Be Here Now is my favourite Oasis album!) The scene changes, or they feel like they have to evolve (as someone else has said).

That's the thing with popular culture, you can become real old, real quick. The Artics could have released their first album 5 times, but no one would buy it after 2 or 3 releases.

Although I'm not a big fan of Linkin Park, I think bands that are more diverse will always have a better reputation for better albums because they are only appealing to certain people.

i.e. In my opinion, Lamb Of God have done 4 absolutely incredible albums (I'm aware they've done 5!) which blew me away when I first heard them. But I wouldn't expect virtually anyone else on here to agree with me!

liamctid said:

Indie wise, (like you've suggested) bands don't do more than one or two great ones (although Be Here Now is my favourite Oasis album!) The scene changes, or they feel like they have to evolve (as someone else has said).

That's the thing with popular culture, you can become real old, real quick. The Artics could have released their first album 5 times, but no one would buy it after 2 or 3 releases.

Although I'm not a big fan of Linkin Park, I think bands that are more diverse will always have a better reputation for better albums because they are only appealing to certain people.

i.e. In my opinion, Lamb Of God have done 4 absolutely incredible albums (I'm aware they've done 5!) which blew me away when I first heard them. But I wouldn't expect virtually anyone else on here to agree with me!

Arctic Monkeys 2nd & 3rd album are miles better than the first

Young_TomO said:
liamctid said:

Arctic Monkeys 2nd & 3rd album are miles better than the first

All down to taste, but I thought the first album was incredible!

Linkin Park - i agree that the 1st two albums were superb. the rest was dreadful

artic monkeys have had one good album

Bloc Party - 3 awesome albums

White stripes - liked pretty much all of their albums (mainly because im a HUGE fan of Jack white)

Kings of leon - 1st album was amazing, the rest was shit apart from the odd song

The prodigy - mostly good albums

Muse - I generally think they have gone down hill. Im sure they are fantastic live but they have still never topped origin

all of this is IMO of course ;)

Rage Against The Machine were a bit before "nowadays" but still relatively recent in the music world. They made four great albums over quite a long time period, going for quality albums rather than quantity. Pink Floyd made 4 or 5 excellent albums but they are not nowadays I admit. One of my favourite bands, Turin Brakes made two amazing albums (Optimist LP and Ether Song) but although I like their albums since they haven't been as good. As for Radiohead, The Bends and OK computer are well above the standard of their other albums.

the kippax pigeon said:
There are just no real musical scenes anymore....... have we done everything in music????? and are we just repeating ourselves ???????

Interesting.

I'm in a band but when i try to play a song i've written to the lads they'll start telling me that those are the same chords to another song even thogh ive never heard that song

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.