Can a man be friends with a woman he is physically attracted to?

Blue and true

This came up this morning at work. Most of us agreed that it isn't possible (at least not the kind of friend you'd go out shopping with or have lunch with), because once you hold a flame for someone any chance of a platonic dynamic goes out the window.

Are we being unfair? Or was Harry correct in Harry met Sally?

This came up this morning at work. Most of us agreed that it isn't possible (at least not the kind of friend you'd go out shopping with or have lunch with), because once you hold a flame for someone any chance of a platonic dynamic goes out the window.

Once you're an old guy like me and married and truly off the market for decades it's a lot easier.

Incidentally, "Harry" is a whin(g)y little creep in that film -- a thinner George Costanza, only more mopey. Feels so sorry for himself he can't think straight. I never believed for a second Sally would really fall for him. Only in Hollywood.

No

Fuck buddy is the best you can hope for.

It works both ways as I can tesfify for:-)

What men do lunch and go shopping with other men never mind women?
I have a few female friends my Wife knows about that aren't in her social group. If I say I'm off for a pint with Sally and her mates she cares not a jot. I'm totally open about it. That's the trick. Sally is a looker and worked for me for 10 years. Never crossed my mind to try and 'jump her bones' as she's a mate first. My Wife has met her and likes her.

No idea what goes on in her head mind, she could be full of hatred for all I know.

I have a few female friends my Wife knows about that aren't in her social group. If I say I'm off for a pint with Sally and her mates she cares not a jot. I'm totally open about it. That's the trick. Sally is a looker and worked for me for 10 years. Never crossed my mind to try and 'jump her bones' as she's a mate first. My Wife has met her and likes her.

No idea what goes on in her head mind, she could be full of hatred for all I know.
I'm more worried about the voices in your head telling you to kill her with a hammer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.