Can anyone identify this City shirt?

Didsbury Dave

My dad gave my lads one of these City shirts today. It was fully packaged in Puma bags and has labels. It looks to all intents and purposes like a real kit. Am I going crazy here? I’ve never seen this shirt in my life to my knowledge. It it some kind of elaborate copy because if it is they’ve done it right down to the tags. And what are they copying?

Has anyone seen one before?

Attachments

• CFD8B336-9B85-403D-8C5C-078EF3559619.jpeg
    CFD8B336-9B85-403D-8C5C-078EF3559619.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:
My dad gave my lads one of these City shirts today. It was fully packaged in Puma bags and has labels. It looks to all intents and purposes like a real kit. Am I going crazy here? I’ve never seen this shirt in my life to my knowledge. It it some kind of elaborate copy because if it is they’ve done it right down to the tags.

Has anyone seen one before?
The copies from DH Gate come with tags etc so I expect it'll be something like that. They have weird concept tops.

Pretty sure that isn't a match shirt. I have no recollection of seeing that on the pitch. Maybe a training top, if it's not some sort of snide copy. Re the tags, they're no guarantee of originality. I got this off eBay a year or so back (don't ask, the seller isn't on there any more)...

20240317-201404.jpg

20240317-201413.jpg

Now; it's obviously a snide copy, albeit a fairly good one. The white stripe on the collar should apparently be the same width in the 'v' on the neck. Which it clearly isn't. Also, that shirt comes from 1998; I'm pretty sure there's no warehouse full of original versions of the shirt. As you can see, it has tags. I'm not naive enough to think that's an authentic 1998 shirt.

The copies from DH Gate come with tags etc so I expect it'll be something like that. They have weird concept tops.
He can’t remember where he bought it from (he’s 81) but said it was somewhere abroad on the web. My guess is it’s some kind of concept but he claimed it was next year’s away kit.

It’s not a Chinese New Year special or anything? I’ve definitely seen pictures of that design.

He can’t remember where he bought it from (he’s 81) but said it was somewhere abroad on the web. My guess is it’s some kind of concept but he claimed it was next year’s away kit.
Your right it's the supposed concept of next years kit and is available on the usual knock off sites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.