Can anyone recommend a good autobiography?

peoffrey said:
I think it's sad when successful people release a book that's really boring because they've not really lived. i.e. They've never been at rock bottom or in trouble. I had a flick through Jessica Ennis' book and aside from bullying at School and a love hate relationship with her Coach it's just all about how good she is at Athletics. Tony Adams or Paul Merson lived.

I don't want to bum Merson or Adams until my cock fell off though mate.

Frank Skinner's was funny but short. At least on Audible it was. Might give Arnies a go next, he reads it himself which should be a giggle.

Not an autobiography for obvious reasons, but A Life Too Short about Robert Enke is a great, and sad, read.

MikeBlue said:
Recomendations for a gambling autobiography?
Twelve Grand by Jonathan Rendall. Brilliant book. He also wrote a boxing classic, This Bloody Mary Is The Last Thing I Own. He accidentally stumbles into becoming a promoter for Colin 'Sweet C' MacMillan and loses all his dosh when Frank Warren is shot outside the venue.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/the-brutal-trths-and-wild-lies-of-jonathan-rendall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/the-b ... n-rendall/</a>
Finished Last At Folkestone by David Norbury. A Punter and City fan visits every racecourse in Britain. Much funnierthan it sounds.

" i have heard you calling in the night " - thomas healy
a sense of freedom - jimmy boyle
addict - stephen smith

book.jpeg

the-damage-done-twelve-years-of-hell-in-a-bangkok-prison.jpg

shackattack said:
" i have heard you calling in the night " - thomas healy
a sense of freedom - jimmy boyle
addict - stephen smith
Sense of Freedom is a classic crime memoir long before they became a boom industry. Other goodies in this area are Iced by Ray Shell (the early days of crack addiction in the USA) and Pimp by Iceberg Slim (the real-life Huggy Bear, Ice T and Ice Cube both took their names in tribute to him).

sense of freedom is a cracking film as well. see they had a paul ferris film out recently, couple of good books on him also.
cocaine wars - about the crumlin / drimnagh feuds in ireland is a compulsive read

shackattack said:
sense of freedom is a cracking film as well. see they had a paul ferris film out recently, couple of good books on him also.
cocaine wars - about the crumlin / drimnagh feuds in ireland is a compulsive read
Yeah, top film, never seems to be shown these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.