Can anyone recommend an IPTV service

What is the crack with IPTV and a smart TV? Is everyone going through a separate device / box?

Just got a new 55" samsung tv, i had been using a firestick but i gave up with my last IPTV when it went down and i couldn't be arsed with a VPN.

Is a separate box+VPN+IPTV still the only way to go?
Download the IPTV app on your tv and take out a subscription

What is the crack with IPTV and a smart TV? Is everyone going through a separate device / box?

Just got a new 55" samsung tv, i had been using a firestick but i gave up with my last IPTV when it went down and i couldn't be arsed with a VPN.

The one i'm with have been pretty good, i've only needed to use my VPN once but they sorted it out over a weekend and it was all back up. If you want something reliable and don't want to use a VPN, ever, then (correct me if i'm wrong) EDITED is your guy. If you get the SIPTV app, EDITED will send you a m3u url and a epg url and you just copy and paste them into the siptv my playlist website with your MAC code that the app generates for you, and your sorted, no extra box needed. The app is free for 30 days and then like a fiver to keep forever. I believe (may have changed since we last spoke) that EDITED uses his own DNS so shouldn't require you to use a VPN.

I've edited this as he may not want me to name him directly. I'm sure he'll pm you direct ;)

Last edited:

No you can buy one of these for £20 on Amazon and ebay GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router, WiFi Converter, OpenWrt Pre-installed (it a travel router that can be used as VPN router amongst other things, very compact about the size of a match box)

I bought my old man one because he doesn't like the faffing about with the shitty stick he likes the the app on his 55" samsung tv. Piece of piss to set up and works a treat for him, he just has it on all the time and has never had any bother. You can use it a wireless but I would say you are better cabled which I do.

You need to get a VPN that has openvpn settings (most do). Then get yourself a VPN off social stack I paid £24 for a lifetime subs from VPNSecure for 7 log ins. I share these with my dad and my sister (who I have just set up the same as my dad).

Also final point you need decent internet speeds I would strongly suggest fibre I have virgin 150 and its great never misses a beat.

Last edited:
Be careful using/buying the SIPTV app. I've 2 Hisense TVs & have had a cracking supplier. On Friday, Hisense got rid of the App from its stores which now leaves me having to buy a new box or firestick for the TVs. I don't know whether having the app auto update on or off will affect things. Mine was on so it did them both overnight.

I can heartily recommend NordVPN - despite them being a dipper sponsor.

I used to use them after being recommended by someone on here but it is very expensive if you are just wanting to watch the footy like me. I now use vpnsecure.me (£24 for a lifetime sub) and it works perfectly for my useage.

Be careful using/buying the SIPTV app. I've 2 Hisense TVs & have had a cracking supplier. On Friday, Hisense got rid of the App from its stores which now leaves me having to buy a new box or firestick for the TVs. I don't know whether having the app auto update on or off will affect things. Mine was on so it did them both overnight.
I heard something similar about Samsung, apparently they were planning on removing it too. Not sure what the Hisense app store is like, i've only used LG, Samsung and an Android TV one, but there are alternatives usually. There is one on LG's called Smart STB which is basically like the STB apps on MAG boxes, like the old STB emulator app, you need to pay for it and apparently it also supports m3u, but it works best if your supplier uses a stalker portal i believe.

I heard something similar about Samsung, apparently they were planning on removing it too. Not sure what the Hisense app store is like, i've only used LG, Samsung and an Android TV one, but there are alternatives usually. There is one on LG's called Smart STB which is basically like the STB apps on MAG boxes, like the old STB emulator app, you need to pay for it and apparently it also supports m3u, but it works best if your supplier uses a stalker portal i believe.
Can you just not download the app via your computer and put it in google drive or dropbox. Then use those apps on the TV to install the app again?
Thats the process i use on my tv as the TV app store doesn't have any of the IPTV apps

Can you just not download the app via your computer and put it in google drive or dropbox. Then use those apps on the TV to install the app again?
Thats the process i use on my tv as the TV app store doesn't have any of the IPTV apps
Hisense app store is pretty poor TBH. There's not a lot to choose from in there. Great quality TVs for the price, but this an area they suffer in

I used to use them after being recommended by someone on here but it is very expensive if you are just wanting to watch the footy like me. I now use vpnsecure.me (£24 for a lifetime sub) and it works perfectly for my useage.

The fact that their website is flagged unsafe by Google Chrome doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that their VPN will be private...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.