Can people just feckin say "i want a bag of crispS"

Swales lives said:
But you don't make a "crisps butty", it's a "crisp butty".
I think the plural of the crisps is cancelled out by the singular "butty", even though the singular "butty" consists of two slices of bread which is plural. However this rule is still maintained if the "butty" is constructed by one slice of bread folded in half.

Hope this clears up the "butty" issue.

PMSL.. i can't believe you actually put thought into that

Swales lives said:
I think the plural of the crisps is cancelled out by the singular "butty", even though the singular "butty" consists of two slices of bread which is plural. However this rule is still maintained if the "butty" is constructed by one slice of bread folded in half.

show me where i raised the butty issue

Swales lives said:

*blue chili is sat here thinking if he eats the bag of crips it plural, with a "butty" its cancelled out by the "butty" which is singular but actually consists of two slices which indeed is plural. And if he tries to cheat the system and fold it in half it actually is still plural* fuck it stick to pringles!

ratherdeadthanred said:
Swales lives said:

show me where i raised the butty issue

You didn't actually raise "buttygate" but someone would have, probably further down the thread on page 18.
I just wanted to nip it in the bud. Can't be too careful with plurals, it's a complete can of worm.

sdavros said:
your head would explode if you lived here.. no matter what brand of crisps it is everyone asks for a packet of tayto's
So true. Personally, I've always liked those King's jackets crisps myself!
*slides back under duvet*

It's evolved in Manc parlance in a way similar to the way money is described. ie. if something costs 20 pounds then most Mancs under 40 would say it costs 20 pound. It's wrong but there are worse things to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.