Can Somebody Explain?

Damocles said:
Ok, I really don't understand this.

Apparently, a United win today is a strong indicator that they are going to win the league and they have a great mentality. The press and even fans on here seem to think so.

Is this game worth 15 points or something? Won't they just be in the same position as they were? Behind us?

I understand the press attitude towards this as they have papers to sell, but City fans?

The truth that is staring people in the face, is that we have 11 more battles. We do our part and they do theirs. If we win the battle more times than them over the next eleven, we win the war. Yesterday, we did our bit. The best that they can hope for today is to not lose. They dont have to not lose battles to win the league, they have to win battles and they cannot do that today.

One battle at a time folks, don't believe the hype and ignore them. The only time we should bother with them is when we drop points, to see if they can edge it. Future predications are useless. We have more people in our first team who have won trophies than they have. Keep calm, and keep focused. The amount of times this season that we have gotten nervous and passed those nerves onto the players is the only advantage that they have. Our players and staff already know how to win leagues. Now it's our turn to learn.

anything can happen in football etc etc, but it is because besides the derby this is United's most difficult game remaining, on paper. Considering how we all think the mid-table clubs bend over to the rags, this is their best chance of dropping points.

Would never judge anything "on paper" too many people just play higher or lower and base every prediction on that.

pudge said:
Heard Gary Neville say earlier that he thought if United can stay within 5 points of us after February that they are in the driving seat.....

Surely being top puts you in the driving seat??

It's all verbiage, designed to out-psyche. Might have worked in the past but won't work this time! They have to beat us at The Etihad. And if they have dropped points in the meantime and we haven't . . . . . . . . .!

we have the best team in the league,with a good manager,only bad luck will stop us winning it. utd are scraping results,we are cruising,the reds know it ,fergie knows it,the journo,s are just thick bastards.

The Flash said:
In the papers this morning I read one quote that went thus:

"Spurs are the rabbits caught in the headlights of the United juggernaut, which is gradually building momentum...."

That same juggernaut is five points behind us, has been misfiring all season and I'm sure there's a wheel or two loose.

Spurs away is no easy proposition. I for one think Spurs will more than hold their own this afternoon.

Fuck the British Press. There, I've said it.....
You read the papers?!

OK, taking the blue tinted shades off, I probably understand the stance of the press and what Neville is saying. The Rags have done this run in time and again over the last 20 years, and we haven't. Therefore, you can't really blame them. We've had plenty of plaudits for the way we've played this season, and if we do win it, then next season we'll have that experience and I'm sure we'll get some credit for it.

We have Chelsea and home, Arsenal away, Stoke away, Newcastle away. I don't think the shite have a single game that tough after Spurs today do they? That's why they'll be favourites if they beat Spurs, because they'll be expected to pick up more points -2 than us.

They will win today as harry has already bent over , bale virus cough cough and van der vaart injured of course they are you bent twitcher

The fixture list doesn't worry me one bit but every time Yaya collapses in a heap I see our title chances flash before my eyes.

Yeah, United have done this run in loads of times.

Jones, De Gea, Welbeck, Smalling and Young are way more experienced in winning leagues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.