Can the UK handle..

Hez said:
I suppose like most things it's only a problem when it affects you or yours which is fair enough. However if you don't mix with these people on a daily basis or live among them I also think you should keep the name calling and insults against those who do to yourselves.
Probably sums up most of the immigration threads on here. It's macro v micro. If it affects you directly where you live then you'll view it on that micro level (some on here would have evidence of that I'm sure) but if you live somewhere that isn't affected you'll look at it on a purely macro level - and nationally it probably doesn't make that much difference. The unfortunate thing is that anyone who lives with it and tries to voice a concern will be shouted down as a racist or a nazi.

Ronnie the Rep said:
KpxSte said:
I've always struggled to understand why the Labour Party, who are supposed to represent the working class, signed us up to the EU free movement act. Immigration is vital for the health of any nation but uncontrolled mass immigration of predominantly poorer people devastates the existing working class which is why we have record numbers of workless households whilst the total number of jobs has never been higher. It's quite obvious that an economic migrant will be motivated to work harder for longer and often for less money. It ensures the power stays with the employer which keeps wages low, conditions poor and job security rare. If you're stuck on a low wage struggling to pay your ever increasing bills, the fact that we are a rich multi-cultural country that can afford it is of no consolation.

IMHO, it did more to damage the working class than the Tories have ever done. The influx of cheap labour taking over all the lower end jobs has just made the gap between rich and poor even wider. I cannot see how another wave of poor people from Romania and Bulgaria will add anything to this country.
If your in copper wire supply this could be a boom time so not all bad news.

malg said:
Hez said:
I suppose like most things it's only a problem when it affects you or yours which is fair enough. However if you don't mix with these people on a daily basis or live among them I also think you should keep the name calling and insults against those who do to yourselves.
Probably sums up most of the immigration threads on here. It's macro v micro. If it affects you directly where you live then you'll view it on that micro level (some on here would have evidence of that I'm sure) but if you live somewhere that isn't affected you'll look at it on a purely macro level - and nationally it probably doesn't make that much difference. The unfortunate thing is that anyone who lives with it and tries to voice a concern will be shouted down as a racist or a nazi.

of course you can 'live with it' everyday at a micro level and see it as a positive, which compounds to the macro level. It isn't a negative experience for everyone!

malg said:
Hez said:

Spot on, and the Observer Readers who have never met an immigrant but are all for immigration are as bad.

Helmet Cole said:
malg said:
Hez said:

Spot on, and the Observer Readers who have never met an immigrant but are all for immigration are as bad.

Who's never met an immigrant , apart from jotl that is?

If an immigrant adds value/skills/culture to this country then by the laws of the universe, those values/skills/culture are taken away from the country they have left. Is this not a modern day equivalent of our imperialist ancestors looting foreign lands to enrich our own?

KpxSte said:
If an immigrant adds value/skills/culture to this country then by the laws of the universe, those values/skills/culture are taken away from the country they have left. Is this not a modern day equivalent of our imperialist ancestors looting foreign lands to enrich our own?

Err, no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.