Can we abolish the Gen Football Forum & go back to 1 board?

lev_yashin said:
I like it. The threads in the main forum are pertinent to City and I don't have to wade through the myriad of threads that are not City related. Plus, is hardly difficult switching between different forums.

Exactly. I prefer it. If you want to talk about something that happened in a different game or some other teams managerial changes or anything like that you have one forum and if you want to chat about City you have one place. It takes a second to change between the boards so wtf?

When it was only one forum threads would go to the second page way too fast and get unnoticed.

Ric said:
Marvin said:
This is fragmented.

The feedback on the whole has been positive, but there are also many members who preferred the old format.

I was planning on doing a poll to be truly democratic, but have been sidetracked a bit with work lately.

Think I'll leave it as it is for the timebeing, and review it at the end of the season unless people feel strongly enough about it?

Need a direct link between the two boards, ric...

Ric said:
Marvin said:
This is fragmented.

The feedback on the whole has been positive, but there are also many members who preferred the old format.

I was planning on doing a poll to be truly democratic, but have been sidetracked a bit with work lately.

Think I'll leave it as it is for the timebeing, and review it at the end of the season unless people feel strongly enough about it?
My opinion is to let it roll. Like anything new, it has taken a while to catch on, but it is already growing as people get used to it and keeping the main board blue. In a few weeks, people won't know what they were moaning about.

I think its a big improvement.

Its taken a bit of getting used to, but I remember when the Transfer and Matchday forums were created there were people kicking off because they couldn't find the info they wanted Upstairs.

Now both are well established in their own right, and have made the forum a better place.

The fact is that some City fans are just that - City fans - and can't be arsed with all the threads discussing football in general. They just want the main forum to discuss City, and are happy with that. Whereas others are City fans and Football fans - for them, this forum compliments the main forum.

It means decent threads on both forums stay around for longer, and are able to cover their topics more deeply, which can only be a benefit in my book.

But some don't like change, and that's what this is.

Keep it up Ric.

Can we abolish the Gen Football Forum & go back to 1 board?

Optimus Prime said:
I think its a big improvement.

Its taken a bit of getting used to, but I remember when the Transfer and Matchday forums were created there were people kicking off because they couldn't find the info they wanted Upstairs.

Now both are well established in their own right, and have made the forum a better place.

The fact is that some City fans are just that - City fans - and can't be arsed with all the threads discussing football in general. They just want the main forum to discuss City, and are happy with that. Whereas others are City fans and Football fans - for them, this forum compliments the main forum.

It means decent threads on both forums stay around for longer, and are able to cover their topics more deeply, which can only be a benefit in my book.

But some don't like change, and that's what this is.

Keep it up Ric.
Agreed

stony said:
danebanksheik said:
I think it is working as separate boards its easier to ignore the crap stuff

And decent threads tend to stay around longer and get a chance to develop. When everything was in just one forum potentially good threads were lost all to quickly.

Compeltely agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.