Can we count Liverpool and Villa out?

lennon>SWP said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
i've always liked dawson, good, tough, honest CB, can't understand that even though he was playing well those injury prone liabilities woodgate and king took his spot.

imo you have to get 4th, otherwise you wont be able to compete with us in the transfer market.

Can't argue against that whatsoever. I wouldn't want to imagine the players City could attract if you do get 4th. If it does happen this season, I fully expect, whoever your manager is at the start of next season, that their minimum requirement would be to challenge for the league, provided he brings in the right players.

well Mancini brought players like Maicon, Julio Cesar, Ibrahimovic, Maxwell(now at Barca), Chivu, Samuel, Balotelli, Cambiasso etc., so yeah if he's in charge we're in safe hands on the transfer front.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's down to the arithmetic. Liverpool & Villa could get 72 points if they win all their remaining games. Spurs could get 76 and we could get 77. Therefore if we drop no more than 5 points, they are out of it. However, at the moment they aren't out of it by any means as 70 should still be enough for 4th place.

If we beat Villa then they can only get 69, which would involve beating Everton, Brum & Blackburn at home. If we beat Spurs, they can still get 73 but they've got to go to OT and face Arsenal & Chelsea at home. If they get 4 points out of that lot then they can only get 71 at the most, including the game at CoMS.
Just to update my post, Liverpool can now only get 70 points maximum. Drop points against Chelsea and that's either 67 (if they lose) or 68 (if they draw). Either way they're out of it if they don't beat Chelsea and if they drop any before then even better.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's down to the arithmetic. Liverpool & Villa could get 72 points if they win all their remaining games. Spurs could get 76 and we could get 77. Therefore if we drop no more than 5 points, they are out of it. However, at the moment they aren't out of it by any means as 70 should still be enough for 4th place.

If we beat Villa then they can only get 69, which would involve beating Everton, Brum & Blackburn at home. If we beat Spurs, they can still get 73 but they've got to go to OT and face Arsenal & Chelsea at home. If they get 4 points out of that lot then they can only get 71 at the most, including the game at CoMS.
Just to update my post, Liverpool can now only get 70 points maximum. Drop points against Chelsea and that's either 67 (if they lose) or 68 (if they draw). Either way they're out of it if they don't beat Chelsea and if they drop any before then even better.

Don't be so sure, Dippers are quite capable of winning all their remaining games,including Chelsea at Anfield.
Spuds are quite capable of losing to Chelsea,Utd and Arsenal.
...and were quite capable of losing to Utd,Arsenal,Spuds and Villa.

IMO despite the fact of Dippers being used to finishing in top 4 and having the experience......Thats the same strength we have (despite them getting alot of stick) players such as Toure/Sylvinho/Veira/Adebayor/Tevez/Bridge all have league winners medals!

My biggest concern is that with all the talk of us Spuds and Dippers.....Villa will quietly pass us all on their easier run-in and less media pressure on them!

southamptonblue said:
My biggest concern is that with all the talk of us Spuds and Dippers.....Villa will quietly pass us all on their easier run-in and less media pressure on them!

Out of all the teams challenging for 4th, Villa are the least of our worries. Even their own fans are now talking about the fight for 7th and they are more worried about Everton beating them to a Europa League spot than the fight for 4th.
Interestingly enough, a lot of dippers don't want Europa if they can't have champs league.

Problem for Villa and Pool is that the need both Spuds and us to fall down ,Villa are out of it because if we both fail Pool will pick up more points than Villa

It's wide open - could be any 1 from 4

Villa and Liverpool have the easy run ins.

Don't want to worry anyone but these are William Hill's current odds for 4th:
Man City 5/6
Tottenham 5/2
Liverpool 3/1
Aston Villa 9/1

Gulp.

If Liverpool lose tonight, they can only get a maximum of 65 points, so that could be them pretty much gone, with us on 64 and you on 62. With Torres out for the rest of the season, its looking like going down to the 5th May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.