Can we cut Edin a break?

mike winterwasp said:
Edin is our Andy Carroll (except he does actually score). Despite playing in a team that doesn't play to his strengths (not saying we should) he's scored 2 goals in 3 games. For most fans that would be good enough but not on Bluemoon. Hate to suggest it, but if he played for the rags he'd get 20+ goals a season.

some people like mario better than edin / maybe they like him more the tevez and sergio..maybe thet are gay for mario..........personally i grew up as a city fan and seen lots of players pass through ..from good ones like tueart to shit like plenty @+- lol ........i learned to ignore haters...........edin will play next game

ban-mcfc said:
Sorry but ive backed him since hes joined but ive had enough now, the guy scores tap ins yes whch is good, but his general play with the ball at his feet and first touch is dire.

Not as bad as kolarov though, now hes turd.

Sorry if this is just repeating other splean and not just picking on you.

But ... I have only read this far and that is enough. All of these players have delivered to us a league title, let's just re-affirm that again - we are league champions. Everyone of those players who delivered this is a bloody hero. Why the fuck do many of us still sit there angrily getting on player's backs. This is the best side and squad of our generation / maybe even lifetime. What the fuck do we want?

All we get is, "this players crap", "that player's turd". The realisty is that some of us fans are a fucking disgrace to our club and an embarassment to ourselves. Our club, owner, board and manager have become the best in Europe if not the world and too many of us as fans are still stuck in the dark 'poor me', 'this club owes me', 'they're all shit' fucking moaning getting angry in the second division mode. Mancini was right, us fans have to learn to be champions, appreciate the various intricacies and varieries of play, learn to be patient and trust the team.

No what we get today from a vocal minority is a pouncing on and waiting for certain player's errors. You'd have thought that we were facing relegation when Dzeko gave the ball away at the end of the first half. God forbid that he misctrolled it once before. FFS. The time he classfully held on to the ball when the great ignorant amongst us were berating him for not playing the easy obvious ball before he threaded a superbly visioned and perfectly weighted through ball to Silva. The great link up and battling qualities that were shown in that first half are easily forgotten, ignored and deemed inconvenient to the moaner's argument.

Every other element of our club has class. It's about time the fans caught up. We'll be the demise of this club (once again) with this attitide. Alarmist? No one of the main reasons that City have underachieved for so many years.

Fucking disgraceful and ignorant reactions today.

Big rant I know and not aimed particularly at the previous poster but there.

Sam. said:
I personally like him and think that he does get a lot of unfair treatment on here. He's not on of these players that are happy sitting on the bench, he's a grafter and I love that.

I reckon he's a confidence player who's low on confidence, it's as simple as that. Just look at how he started last season... Every time he got the ball he looked threatening, his touch was fantastic and he was enjoying it. If people have doubts about his ability then look at the first few games of last season, he looks like a completely different player in those videos.

I think if he keeps scoring his confidence will slowly but surely come back and he'll become a great asset to the team again. I just think people need to get off his back and support the lad.

good post

EDWARD19 said:
Why do people keep talking about style of play? If you want to win more championships you have to be able to score in many different ways..How is getting more Aguero types going to help against teams like Real Madrid who can actual defend ground game?..It's mind boggling how some people think in such a simple manner. I have a feeling some eat a lot of popcorn during games and when a player screws up (which pretty much every players does) they register that and it sticks as the way he played for the entire game...Otherwise i dont get how so many different people can have opposite views on how someone did during the game. Yes every player screws up, at times multiple times, as long as they contribute to the scoreboard i couldn't care less how they do it. If you want to see some nice moves without goals and wins go watch Arsenal.

Man United play the same way all the time.
So do Barca.

Man United and Barca also happen to be the most successful teams in world football of the past 5 years.

It's mind boggling how you didn't think this through even a bit before posting<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 am --<br /><br />
The Colonel said:

Your whole post is basically "we used to be shit, we're not now therefore we can't ever criticise a player".

cyprustavern said:
mike winterwasp said:
Edin is our Andy Carroll (except he does actually score). Despite playing in a team that doesn't play to his strengths (not saying we should) he's scored 2 goals in 3 games. For most fans that would be good enough but not on Bluemoon. Hate to suggest it, but if he played for the rags he'd get 20+ goals a season.

some people like mario better than edin / maybe they like him more the tevez and sergio..maybe thet are gay for mario..........personally i grew up as a city fan and seen lots of players pass through ..from good ones like tueart to shit like plenty @+- lol ........i learned to ignore haters...........edin will play next game

Well done. That's how i am. For me you'd have to screw up quite a bit (like Kolarov did imo) for me to say you've had a bad game. I won't jump on every player for having a bad touch or two or missing a great chance...especially if we're getting goals and/or assists from that guy. Otherwise are we cheering just to be entertained and nothing else matters?..It's ridiculous.

cyprustavern said:
mike winterwasp said:

I don't suppose it occurred to you that I am among the "most fans" for whom 2 goals in 3 games is good enough? I hope he starts next time and I'm one of the few who thinks that Edin can become so prolific, we won't know who to drop. BTW you're not the only one who grew up as a city fan - been going for 45 years.

Sam. said:
I personally like him and think that he does get a lot of unfair treatment on here. He's not on of these players that are happy sitting on the bench, he's a grafter and I love that.

I reckon he's a confidence player who's low on confidence, it's as simple as that. Just look at how he started last season... Every time he got the ball he looked threatening, his touch was fantastic and he was enjoying it. If people have doubts about his ability then look at the first few games of last season, he looks like a completely different player in those videos.

I think if he keeps scoring his confidence will slowly but surely come back and he'll become a great asset to the team again. I just think people need to get off his back and support the lad.

I agree, but the difference from last year to this is the fullbacks, we changed them every week to rest them, but their job was to bomb forward and put crosses in, It worked for a couple of months but then we got found out. In those 2 months Edin was in the form of his life and was 1st choice and I felt unplayable. Now he needs to be able to come off the bench or even start the game and fit in! I'm a big fan of his and do believe in his ability, but he needs to be so much more consistent! He scored today with such confidence but then messed his shot up so badly it was going for a throw in untill it hit Tevez. I find it hard to work him out, but as long as he wears blue I wont get on his back!

mike winterwasp said:

We were in the citziens bar/club today.A couple of things, Richard Edghill and Lakey were doing the rounds, Redge, seems like a decent bloke, told him how I ashamed of the way the boo boys had treated him. Also, there was *rick 3 rows behind, row I, or J, 105-110, I think. I swear fella pull, your neck in because you talk utter shit and at some point, someone on a jolly, or stone cold sober is going to lose the plot with you. This guy slagged of players like it was a complusory part of the day.

Damocles said:
EDWARD19 said:
Why do people keep talking about style of play? If you want to win more championships you have to be able to score in many different ways..How is getting more Aguero types going to help against teams like Real Madrid who can actual defend ground game?..It's mind boggling how some people think in such a simple manner. I have a feeling some eat a lot of popcorn during games and when a player screws up (which pretty much every players does) they register that and it sticks as the way he played for the entire game...Otherwise i dont get how so many different people can have opposite views on how someone did during the game. Yes every player screws up, at times multiple times, as long as they contribute to the scoreboard i couldn't care less how they do it. If you want to see some nice moves without goals and wins go watch Arsenal.

Man United play the same way all the time.
So do Barca.

Man United and Barca also happen to be the most successful teams in world football of the past 5 years.

It's mind boggling how you didn't think this through even a bit before posting

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 am --

The Colonel said:

Your whole post is basically "we used to be shit, we're not now therefore we can't ever criticise a player".

are they that good? they got away with murder...wingers and a scots c.unt that snaffled a knighthood ..doesnt even agree with politics that serve up knighthoods(supposedly) how can a man (in the loosest terms) be quoted when he hates english but will take a sword on the shoulder if it suits him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.