Can we cut Edin a break?

Dzeko won't start against Stoke simply because Aguero should be back for it.

And if you think he'll start in front of Sergio and Tevez, you're insane

cyprustavern said:
Damocles said:
EDWARD19 said:
Why do people keep talking about style of play? If you want to win more championships you have to be able to score in many different ways..How is getting more Aguero types going to help against teams like Real Madrid who can actual defend ground game?..It's mind boggling how some people think in such a simple manner. I have a feeling some eat a lot of popcorn during games and when a player screws up (which pretty much every players does) they register that and it sticks as the way he played for the entire game...Otherwise i dont get how so many different people can have opposite views on how someone did during the game. Yes every player screws up, at times multiple times, as long as they contribute to the scoreboard i couldn't care less how they do it. If you want to see some nice moves without goals and wins go watch Arsenal.

Man United play the same way all the time.
So do Barca.

Man United and Barca also happen to be the most successful teams in world football of the past 5 years.

It's mind boggling how you didn't think this through even a bit before posting

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 am --

The Colonel said:
Big rant I know and not aimed particularly at the previous poster but there.

Your whole post is basically "we used to be shit, we're not now therefore we can't ever criticise a player".

are they that good? they got away with murder...wingers and a scots c.unt that snaffled a knighthood ..doesnt even agree with politics that serve up knighthoods(supposedly) how can a man (in the loosest terms) be quoted when he hates english but will take a sword on the shoulder if it suits him?

snidey slu snakey twisted no moral c.unt =fergie///most scots lads have morals that twat doesnt

Paul11/12 said:
Sam. said:
I personally like him and think that he does get a lot of unfair treatment on here. He's not on of these players that are happy sitting on the bench, he's a grafter and I love that.

I reckon he's a confidence player who's low on confidence, it's as simple as that. Just look at how he started last season... Every time he got the ball he looked threatening, his touch was fantastic and he was enjoying it. If people have doubts about his ability then look at the first few games of last season, he looks like a completely different player in those videos.

I think if he keeps scoring his confidence will slowly but surely come back and he'll become a great asset to the team again. I just think people need to get off his back and support the lad.

I agree, but the difference from last year to this is the fullbacks, we changed them every week to rest them, but their job was to bomb forward and put crosses in, It worked for a couple of months but then we got found out. In those 2 months Edin was in the form of his life and was 1st choice and I felt unplayable. Now he needs to be able to come off the bench or even start the game and fit in! I'm a big fan of his and do believe in his ability, but he needs to be so much more consistent! He scored today with such confidence but then messed his shot up so badly it was going for a throw in untill it hit Tevez. I find it hard to work him out, but as long as he wears blue I wont get on his back!

Held the ball up brilliantly at times today. Kolo coming on was almost the death of us, a shot player.

cyprustavern said:
are they that good? they got away with murder...wingers and a scots c.unt that snaffled a knighthood ..doesnt even agree with politics that serve up knighthoods(supposedly) how can a man (in the loosest terms) be quoted when he hates english but will take a sword on the shoulder if it suits him?

snidey slu snakey twisted no moral c.unt =fergie///most scots lads have morals that twat doesnt

3 CL Finals in 5 years and 4 league trophies suggests that they are that good, yeah

Damocles said:
EDWARD19 said:
Why do people keep talking about style of play? If you want to win more championships you have to be able to score in many different ways..How is getting more Aguero types going to help against teams like Real Madrid who can actual defend ground game?..It's mind boggling how some people think in such a simple manner. I have a feeling some eat a lot of popcorn during games and when a player screws up (which pretty much every players does) they register that and it sticks as the way he played for the entire game...Otherwise i dont get how so many different people can have opposite views on how someone did during the game. Yes every player screws up, at times multiple times, as long as they contribute to the scoreboard i couldn't care less how they do it. If you want to see some nice moves without goals and wins go watch Arsenal.

So do Barca.

Man United and Barca also happen to be the most successful teams in world football of the past 5 years.

The Colonel said:

Your whole post is basically "we used to be shit, we're not now therefore we can't ever criticise a player".

You're going to an extreme here. Do we have Messi on our team? The man can beat 4-5 players by himself easily. As for United, they got RVP to be the new front man..He can do it both ways, head and both feet. I am almost certain that getting rid of Balo and/or Dzeko and getting another Aguero would not get us to win the CL, yet according to so many that's exactly what we need. As soon as great defensive teams like Chelsea collapse you can forget about your ground game(hell even Messi couldn't beat them) and so those guys would be very frustrating to watch. We need a guy like Ibra and we are as close as we can be with Edin and Mario.

Damocles said:

He may or may not be insane but judging by his last couple of posts slagging off Slur in a language only Slur could understand, he's definitely pissed.

Damocles said:
EDWARD19 said:

So do Barca.

The Colonel said:

Is it heck, use your head a bit. Please don't dismiss it so easily. 'Part' of my post is about the dispropotionate reaction of our criticism given the current standard players, style of play etc. Some of it hasn't altered since the days of Trevor Christie and Lee Bradbury.

Can you not see the constant readiness to get on player backs. I am not just talking about criticism in an informed manner on a forum. It's always been there. It's the mob, fear encompased vocal berating at the stadium that is still stuck in the dark ages.
FFS here we are 3 unbeaten games into a title defence yet there was a still a nervous and yes mainly ignorant pouncing on certain players who in actual fact weren't playing that badly. It's completely counterproductive and I believe is like a disease at this club (I believe that some other clubs with over expectations suffer as well).

Criticism is good if it's not a mob mentality, all fearing, pitch fork bearing, frustrating, ignorant, frustration venting abusiveness.

City fans don't hate players at all, were the most charitable fans to current and ex players. However, Dzeko isn't good enough against the top teams and in Europe, why?

1. touch,
2. hold up play,
3. running with ball,
4. slows the game up so no counter attacks with him,
5. poor positional play which is why people don't pass to him,
6. misses too many chances,
7. we loose possession when he gets caught offside too much,
8. lazy, doesn't work hard enough for the team like Tevez and Aguero,

Damocles said:

I wouldn't risk Sergio against a physical team like Stoke so quickly after his injury, especially with Madrid to play shortly after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.