Can we make BERRRR NAARRRR DOOOOO our next captain please?

How about Lewis to shake up things. Let him grow into the role, showing respect to the more experienced while being an example to the younger. Show that its a full squad that wins titles... not just the most played 15 or so.

He seems a determined and responsible young man.

Rodri, Rodri, Godri or Rodri for me. Any of those will do.
Not having a go but I wouldn't want a player who starts the season saying' I'm exhausted'....leading my team.
Definitely our best,,most consistent,most all round accomplished player,of that there is no doubt.

I wouldn't want a player who has spent every summer telling the press how much he wants to leave to become our captain.

then he isn't starting this season saying he is exhausted then.

Anyway, the players will have their say. In all probability they will vote Walker in again. :-(
Agree but in reality ,he will be knackered ,as his season has only just finished ,having played in the Euros final.
I remember burnt out Bernie a few years ago after playing for Portugal in the summer. I really do think that we play too many games, and this season in particular we will see the effects on the players performances,across the top league,in this country for sure.
It's relentless.

Agree but in reality ,he will be knackered ,as his season has only just finished ,having played in the Euros final.
I remember burnt out Bernie a few years ago after playing for Portugal in the summer. I really do think that we play too many games, and this season in particular we will see the effects on the players performances,across the top league,in this country for sure.
It's relentless.
Whilst I agree with everything you have said, Rodri is still banging in performances. If we can be sensible with him in the first couple of months and cups there is no reason why he can’t put in another stellar season. I still think his intelligence, intensity, drive and example make him an ideal captain. It might make his propensity for ‘red mist’ a little less if he has that responsibility too. Anyhow, it’ll be down to his colleagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.