Can we really look forward to a game anymore?

mancityscot said:
pee dubya said:

how many goals in the prem have been outstandingly brilliant then, wheres the brilliant play? because i dont think ive seen any of it. the calibre of players are only good in a match when there is a manager who gets the best out of them. and what has been different, class and play wise tht is compared to other teams

Open your eyes then, have you really lost the ability to actually appreciate the small moments of class our players frequently show now? Feel sorry for you if all you care about is 3 points rather than actually enjoying the moments where individuals do something with a little touch of class. Robinho tying McShane in knots before putting it just past the post, Ade's perfect first touch to take it past a defender so he can sprint into open space, even Bridge cutting inside their winger to make a driving run through the centre of the pitch and Toure breaking and carrying the ball out of defence.

No matter what the score is i still love watching these players play, we used to have 1 or 2 players in a team who could pull this type of thing off (or none under Pearce), now there's 8 or 9.

pee dubya said:
I still look forwards to every match, we've got such a high calibre of player playing for us now, even when we lose i really enjoy watching them play, we get to see things from our own team now that that we've only seen regularly from opposition teams in the past.

I'm not just talking about brilliant goals, i mean little bits of skill, great touches, composure on the ball etc.
WTF have you been watching recently

sablue said:
pee dubya said:
I still look forwards to every match, we've got such a high calibre of player playing for us now, even when we lose i really enjoy watching them play, we get to see things from our own team now that that we've only seen regularly from opposition teams in the past.

I'm not just talking about brilliant goals, i mean little bits of skill, great touches, composure on the ball etc.

The best group of players i've ever had the priviledge of supporting, playing football.

Seems a shame some people can't appreciate that.

pee dubya said:
sablue said:

The best group of players i've ever had the priviledge of supporting, playing football.

I'm with you on this.

That one touch play around the 20th minute that ended up with SWP putting it the wrong side of the post, nearly had me showering the woman below me with man juice.

pee dubya said:
sablue said:

you are right,i can not appreciate the shite that they are producing at present

mancityscot said:
because i dont think i can really, i'm honestly going into the chelsea game with the mindset that if we lose less then 2 goals that will be an achievement. the way we are playing is absolutley shit, and bloody dire to watch. i was down for he fulham game, and i dont think ive ever been so bored in my life, the play was awful and painful to watch. i watch mostly every game on the internet and i dont think ive seen one game this season where we've been more then half decent, apart from the arse. anyway, from our recent performances i dont think i can be seriously hyped up and excited for a game, especially for a game against a bottom half team. i would normally (and so would most of you) go into a game against a botom half team thinking we will win 3-0 with the squad we've had. not anymore, i dont think that i can unless there is a huge change in team performances. its dire at the moment. you just have to look around, rags winning away to portsmouth 4-1, we win 1-0 when they were worse, west ham winning 5-3 having been 5-1 up, and us drawing 3-3. we are just so average against lower table teams.

very dissapointing and boring to watch and look forward to

You my son are a JOKE (as are all the saddos who agree with you). What short memories some people have. Not so long ago we had the stuart pearce era....remember that, we would go GAMES without a shot at goal!!! Then we had Sven's last 10 games or so (apart from the derby), which wasnt much better, his last game at boro was a disgrace. We are still only a few games into this 'project', only lost 1 all season. City have never had the luxury of ever thinking we will win all are games against lesser clubs....thats just city (a lesser club for many years), if we in the future change that thinking...well that will be well earned. Poor finishing and a lack of urgency when we got in the last 1/3 of the pitch let us down today.

we kneed to role up our sleeves and scrap for a victory now and again and we have not done this against fulham, burnley or hull to many players think that maybe they just have to turn up play and breeze through the match and they will win until this attitude changes you dont know what your going to get
i will say this though we will beat arsenal on wednesday because we will be allowed to play and wont have to scrap

Rosler81 said:
Pearce era was bad but the Frank Clark era was much much much worse.

I see your Frank Clark era, and raise you an Alan Ball/Franny Lee era.

big blueballs said:
we kneed to role up our sleeves and scrap for a victory now and again and we have not done this against fulham, burnley or hull to many players think that maybe they just have to turn up play and breeze through the match and they will win until this attitude changes you dont know what your going to get
i will say this though we will beat arsenal on wednesday because we will be allowed to play and wont have to scrap

We don't win quarter finals mate. Hope we beat the fuckers on wednesday!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.