Can we still do it?

Re: We can still do it!!

Face it, we are out. Dortmund and Real will take points against Ajax and after our performances in the CL in the last few years can you honestly see us beating Madrid at home or winning in Dortmund. Ajax at home is no means certain either.

We do need 3rd, we need the ranking points.

Lets hope we have better transfer markets, get a squad that is capable of challenging and winning the PL improved to one that can compete in Europe (ie more pace, more technical ability) and look forward to next years CL campaign where we will be grouped with Barcelona, PSG and Juventus :)-

black mamba said:
tyqmvko said:
I definitely think we are still in a chance of qualifying. If we beat Ajax at home, and on the same day Dortmund manage a win at the Bernabeu, then that will leave this table like this:

1. Dortmund: 10pts
2. Real Madrid: 6pts

3. City: 4pts
4. Ajax: 3pts

We then face Madrid at home, meaning it will be an all or nothing game where anything can happen, and we are a different team at home. A win here is a possibility. Meanwhile Dortmund beat Ajax and are home and dry into the next round. Table now:

1. Dortmund: 13pts
2. City: 7pts

3. Real Madrid: 6pts

Next up is Dortmund away. They won't really be arsed and might play a few kids since they are through, giving us a good chance of a win. Real Madrid will most likely beat Ajax, leaving the table like this:

2. City: 10pts

3. Real Madrid: 9pts

Keep the faith. ;)

Can you REALLY see Real Madrid not progressing ????

Don't let that man in the bookies with his wages!

No chance while ever we have Lescott playing. He's become laughable and is causing ALL our problems - utterly hopeless....................I saw this coming 18 months ago.

ANY1aBLUE said:
No chance while ever we have Lescott playing. He's become laughable and is causing ALL our problems - utterly hopeless....................I saw this coming 18 months ago.
No doubting he was poor last night but if you think a defender that didn't play in are other 2 CL games is the problem then you are blind to everything else
But of course you are because you have an irrational hatred towards Lescott

It's never going to happen. I might believe if this was just a Champions League blip but the fact is we've not looked at it all season. Last weekends game vs West Brom was the best I've seen us play so far.

The fact that Dortmund beat Real at home makes our job even more difficult. Do we really expect to get a result there ? I can't see it...

And as for Lescott....as a professional footballer who plays for your country, how can you look so shit with the ball at your feet? Scares me every time he has it.

And if we're going out I'd rather we finished 4th and skipped the whole Europa League sh*t...

There is no way City will beat Dortmund Home..

If teams finish level on points is their position determined by goal difference or head-to-head record?

Kenney_The_Blue said:
tyqmvko said:
I definitely think we are still in a chance of qualifying. If we beat Ajax at home, and on the same day Dortmund manage a win at the Bernabeu, then that will leave this table like this:

1. Dortmund: 10pts
2. Real Madrid: 6pts

3. City: 4pts

We then face Madrid at home, meaning it will be an all or nothing game where anything can happen, and we are a different team at home. A win here is a possibility. Meanwhile Dortmund beat Ajax and are home and dry into the next round. Table now:

2. City: 7pts

3. Real Madrid: 6pts

Next up is Dortmund away. They won't really be arsed and might play a few kids since they are through, giving us a good chance of a win. Real Madrid will most likely beat Ajax, leaving the table like this:

2. City: 10pts

3. Real Madrid: 9pts

Keep the faith. ;)

Dortmund won't beat Madrid at Madrid :(

Yup! By then Real would have their starting fall backs back, Arbeloa and Coentrao and no FIFA break and no slippery pitch like they had last night and a well prepared side playing in front of home crowd. I can't see Dortmund winning at Bernabeu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.