Can We Talk About Away Fans?

Scaring Europe to Death said:
M18CTID said:
No excuse for the Munich stuff of course.

One thing that makes me laugh every year about that place though is the rent-a-mob that stand outside the away turnstiles goading the City fans and the police not moving the fuckers on. I can't think of another ground in the country where that goes on, or would even be allowed. While it doesn't intimidate me too much and usually results in me laughing at the sad mouth-foaming twats, I can imagine it's pretty nerve-racking for some of our more vulnerable fans.

Before the game, i was thinking to myself, that I won't bother again. There's too many unsavoury, loathsome characters, hanging on the periphery, looking for a cheap punch.

I've been doing the swamp derby regularly for almost 40 years, and win, lose, or draw, I simply hate the club, the kit, the fans, the numerous dickheads, their obsession with size, the tourists, the way that City fans are treated, the self appointed celebrities like Colin Blaney, the way they rewrote the George Best story, and most of all those hypocritical clowns playing the holier than thou card when it comes to the Munich chants.
Also, it must be the only ground in the country where the away fans are completely surrounded by the home fans.
I left when it went 4-1 and I won't be returning.

Definitely. They loiter about 15-20m from the back of the queue of blues waiting to get in looking to give out snide kicks and digs, spotted them a mile off on Sunday.

Been there 6 times now, but Sunday was the first time I was wary of them because I took my 14yr old cousin. A man on his own and a 14yr old lad is their PRIME TARGET for a dig.

Horrible place to go - but don't find it clever how our fans only start the munich chants once they are safe and sound in the coach park ...

The Northern Baptist said:
M18CTID said:

One thing that makes me laugh every year about that place though is the rent-a-mob that stand outside the away turnstiles goading the City fans and the police not moving the fuckers on. I can't think of another ground in the country where that goes on, or would even be allowed. While it doesn't intimidate me too much and usually results in me laughing at the sad mouth-foaming twats, I can imagine it's pretty nerve-racking for some of our more vulnerable fans.

Before the game, i was thinking to myself, that I won't bother again. There's too many unsavoury, loathsome characters, hanging on the periphery, looking for a cheap punch.

I've been doing the swamp derby regularly for almost 40 years, and win, lose, or draw, I simply hate the club, the kit, the fans, the numerous dickheads, their obsession with size, the tourists, the way that City fans are treated, the self appointed celebrities like Colin Blaney, the way they rewrote the George Best story, and most of all those hypocritical clowns playing the holier than thou card when it comes to the Munich chants.
Also, it must be the only ground in the country where the away fans are completely surrounded by the home fans.

Definitely. They loiter about 15-20m from the back of the queue of blues waiting to get in looking to give out snide kicks and digs, spotted them a mile off on Sunday.

Been there 6 times now, but Sunday was the first time I was wary of them because I took my 14yr old cousin. A man on his own and a 14yr old lad is their PRIME TARGET for a dig.

i didnt go on sunday so cant comment, but have been going their on and off the last 10 years, but what makes me laugh
is utd fans in the k stand when trying to goad us to sing munich they outsretch their arms low at first that makes them look like demented penguins rather than a plane, but gain a bit of confidence when other utd fans have a good chuckle at them so they raise their arms higher to obviously resemble a plane.

maybe City fans should sing back "utd fans in the k stand are impersonating a plane ,what the fuck is that all about"

i agree that the munich chants are out of order, plays right into utds hands, and remember one of our greats died in that crash. The legend Frank Swift

I've just watched the first 30 seconds or so of that video and turned it off in disgust, I don't care what the rags shout, I don't care because they don't belong to my club. Those people are representing Manchester City football club. If you are wearing our colours or are sitting in our end of the stadium you are representing our club.

One of our own actually died in that Munich disaster, one of our finest Frank Swift. He lay dying or dead on that runway they are so cheerfully singing about. Disgusting.

As for the chants that the rags shout, I care that they are insulting the Hillsborough Liverpool fans who died of course I do but as my mother used to say and I said many times to my own children and the children I taught: "If they put their hands in the fire would you?" Of course not, by the same token just because they do something that is sickening does not mean that our fans should.

There is a line and that line was crossed there. IMHO

M18CTID said:

An amusing incident from Sunday. A mate of mine didn't have a ticket but came down on the off chance of getting one off a tout. He walked up to the ground with me and found himself inside the police cordon surrounding the City fans before he had chance to break off up Warwick Road in search of a ticket. Anyway, he got off and as he was making his way back past the Rag goaders he tapped one on the shoulder who wasn't quite in the main body of their fans - calmly said to him "You're a long way back here mate!" to which the Rag shat himself not knowing what to do!

deafmanstevo said:
i didnt go on sunday so cant comment, but have been going their on and off the last 10 years, but what makes me laugh
is utd fans in the k stand when trying to goad us to sing munich they outsretch their arms low at first that makes them look like demented penguins rather than a plane, but gain a bit of confidence when other utd fans have a good chuckle at them so they raise their arms higher to obviously resemble a plane.

maybe City fans should sing back "utd fans in the k stand are impersonating a plane ,what the fuck is that all about"

i agree that the munich chants are out of order, plays right into utds hands, and remember one of our greats died in that crash. The legend Frank Swift

I agree. Loads giving it the "airplane" trying to get a reaction on Sunday. I'm not excusing anyone, as goading doesn't give you a right to do it, but can have that then try and take a moral high ground about it as well.

deafmanstevo said:

Matt Busby was one of ours
It's a pitiful chant, always has been. It's sung by twats of the highest order, regardless of what shirt colour they wear.
It's bad enough seeing spotty oiks singing it, but fully grown men?
There will be people on this forum who took part in the chanting. Classless.

We have a laugh at results, crap managers, crap players, awful ground.....
but we don't use tragedies and death, at least none of us with an ounce of decency.

Said it before in the thread and will say it again by bringing up Munich you are playing right into the rags hands. Their history and fan base was built on the back of the Munich Air Disaster and the more free publicity about it they can get the better it is for them. Many fans of other clubs and people in other countries do not realise what a horrible despicable club they really are, and the way they went about kicking the widows and footballers like Jackie Blanchflower out of their homes when they were no use to the club.
Lets not kid ourselves we all know every club has a section of fans that don't have enough brain cells to rub together to hold their own piss. I remember coming back from an away day at Fulham once and was on the tram back in Manchester and some rag was on there chanting 96 was not enough. No surprise he was in his young twenties as well. Not sure what response he actually thought he was going to get on a tram in Manchester with no scousers on it but obviously made him feel happy.
So thanks to all those lads on the video I am not concerned about you letting the club or us other fans down. Just more concerned that you have allowed the Rags to bring up that cash cow for more sympathy.

Eccles Blue said:
I've just watched the first 30 seconds or so of that video and turned it off in disgust, I don't care what the rags shout, I don't care because they don't belong to my club. Those people are representing Manchester City football club. If you are wearing our colours or are sitting in our end of the stadium you are representing our club.

One of our own actually died in that Munich disaster, one of our finest Frank Swift. He lay dying or dead on that runway they are so cheerfully singing about. Disgusting.

As for the chants that the rags shout, I care that they are insulting the Hillsborough Liverpool fans who died of course I do but as my mother used to say and I said many times to my own children and the children I taught: "If they put their hands in the fire would you?" Of course not, by the same token just because they do something that is sickening does not mean that our fans should.

There is a line and that line was crossed there. IMHO

Hear hear.
I would far rather share a pint with a sensible United fan than with the morons chanting that. Regardless of who they played for, people died. They were someone's dad. Someone's brother, or best mate.
It's not about City fans being 'classy'.... it's about human decency. Grow some balls and quit singing it.

M18CTID said:

GMP are fucking pathetic, it wouldn't be that difficult to do the same as at the Etihad and re-route those home fans coming from the East stand away from the coach park but no, they'd rather just stand around gormlessly doing fuck all until someone gets a beating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.