Can We Talk About Away Fans?

Surprise surprise, scum turn up at the away in huge numbers just before ko and give it the big one. What the police should do is close off that area 45 minutes before the game for all home fans and make that area sterile, making the home fans walk all the way around the ground. It isn't difficult, just needs some planning and signs in 10 foreign languages so the scum know where they have to go.

Frankly, I’ve always believed that if anything like the Hillsborough disaster is ever repeated, it will be outside the swamp, on the stadium concourse, about ten minutes before kick-off.

It won’t be against City, because thanks to our dubious,(bordering on corrupt) ticket distribution system for this fixture, and despite all the hysteria regarding a few idiots singing the Munich song, the City following at Old Trafford is never the typical away day crowd.

Instead it will happen when the opposition fight fire with fire. A team like Millwall in the FA Cup

Every time, I wonder how that dangerous bottleneck ever got a safety certificate.

For those who’ve never been, there’s a narrow walkway leading to the ground, before most people swerve clockwise towards the Munich tunnel. and in doing so, collide with a huge anti clockwise procession, alighting from the football specials, at the adjacent railway station.

All City fans have to zigzag across this bottleneck, towards a line of disinterested Police, who merely act as a deterrent, rather than anything specific, like maintaining public order.

Once through the line, you realise that you’re surrounded by lots of United fans, walking in the same direction. Most of them are making their way towards the immediate right of the away turnstiles. but dozens begin to slow down, and float on the periphery. They turn left, knowing that with the Police looking the other way, they’ve got the opportunity for a cheap punch, as unsuspecting City fans reach for their match tickets.

This has been going on for years, and it’s almost as pathetic as the disabled supporters’ helpers giving the wanker sign when United score.

They’re looking for a reaction, and sadly the Munich chants are too easy to ridicule.

One day, they will get a proper reaction: a crush will ensue, and someone will die.

MCFCHOWELL said:
I'm surprised it hasn't already been posted but the away end was full of people, who quite frankly shouldn't have been in that stadium. Chinese tourists, taking pictures who couldn't speak a word of English. They looked scared when we scored. There was a picture of twitter doing the rounds, I'll have a look for it.

What have we got against Chinese MCFC Fans? And more yet entitlement crap about who shouldn't have been there what a ridiculous comment to make when
the away section I saw seemed like the regular crowd who turn up for most away games there were a bit shell shocked after we lost the lead but found their voice in the2nd half

note to Blue moon mods this causal rasism and envy is unessary and besmirches All MCFC fans what will one billion Chinese internet users make of this nonsence
the past might be the bigots but the future is ours sooner they get used to ignorance being a dying occupation and civilty and understanding being a better way to deal with differences the better wise up before you become a fossil your on your own m8

johnbmcr said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
I'm surprised it hasn't already been posted but the away end was full of people, who quite frankly shouldn't have been in that stadium. Chinese tourists, taking pictures who couldn't speak a word of English. They looked scared when we scored. There was a picture of twitter doing the rounds, I'll have a look for it.

What have we got against Chinese MCFC Fans? And more crap about who shouldn't have been there what a ridiculous comment to make when
the away section I saw seemed like the regular crowd who turn up for most away games there were a bit shell shocked after we lost the lead but found their voice

note to Blue moon mods this causal rasism and envy is unessary and besmirches All MCFC fans what will one billion Chinese internet users make of this nonsence
the past might be bigotsc but the future is ours get used to ignorance being a dying occupation wise up your on your own m8

casual racism hahahaha

no one has anything against chinese people. When tickets are selling out on ridiculously high loyalty points and people aren't able to then go, only to see tourists who quite clearly have never been to an away game. People are annoyed.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
johnbmcr said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

What have we got against Chinese MCFC Fans? And more crap about who shouldn't have been there what a ridiculous comment to make when
the away section I saw seemed like the regular crowd who turn up for most away games there were a bit shell shocked after we lost the lead but found their voice

the past might be bigots but the future is ours get used to ignorance being a dying occupation wise up your on your own m8

casual racism hahahaha

no one has anything against chinese people. When tickets are selling out on ridiculously high loyalty points and people aren't able to then go, only to see tourists who quite clearly have never been to an away game. People are annoyed.
Ever critical post about away games mentions Chinese fans taking pics its a Cliché never seen any Belgium British nationals Nigerians or Alaskans with a smart phone ? Who puts all the vids on utube never knew the 1894 group or MCFCSC1949 are crack units of the peoples liberation army
I got my ticket for the game because I finally had enough points took a many years to build up If your pissed off about unfairness then I'm with you you but the racsim and sence of entitlement from some blue moan posters reminds me of prince Philip and that's not a compliment

johnbmcr said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
johnbmcr said:

the past might be bigots but the future is ours get used to ignorance being a dying occupation wise up your on your own m8

casual racism hahahaha

Ever critical post about away games mentions Chinese fans taking pics its a Cliché never seen any Belgium British nationals Nigerians or Alaskans with a smart phone ? Who puts all the vids on utube never knew the 1894 group or MCFCSC1949 are crack units of the peoples liberation army
I got my ticket for the game because I finally had enough points took a many years to build up If your pissed off about unfairness then I'm with you you but the racsim and sence of entitlement from some blue moan posters reminds me of prince Philip and that's not a compliment

if chinese tourists are in the away end I dont think its racist to point that out. If there were german tourists in the away end it wouldn't be racist to say oh look " there are lots of german tourists in the away end". As a lot of posters who were at the game they could see a lot of chinese tourists were in the away end. How in any way is that racist. and obviously people are pissed of with tourists who have no points stopping people that from going.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Frankly, I’ve always believed that if anything like the Hillsborough disaster is ever repeated, it will be outside the swamp, on the stadium concourse, about ten minutes before kick-off.

It won’t be against City, because thanks to our dubious,(bordering on corrupt) ticket distribution system for this fixture, and despite all the hysteria regarding a few idiots singing the Munich song, the City following at Old Trafford is never the typical away day crowd.

Instead it will happen when the opposition fight fire with fire. A team like Millwall in the FA Cup

Every time, I wonder how that dangerous bottleneck ever got a safety certificate.

For those who’ve never been, there’s a narrow walkway leading to the ground, before most people swerve clockwise towards the Munich tunnel. and in doing so, collide with a huge anti clockwise procession, alighting from the football specials, at the adjacent railway station.

All City fans have to zigzag across this bottleneck, towards a line of disinterested Police, who merely act as a deterrent, rather than anything specific, like maintaining public order.

Once through the line, you realise that you’re surrounded by lots of United fans, walking in the same direction. Most of them are making their way towards the immediate right of the away turnstiles. but dozens begin to slow down, and float on the periphery. They turn left, knowing that with the Police looking the other way, they’ve got the opportunity for a cheap punch, as unsuspecting City fans reach for their match tickets.

This has been going on for years, and it’s almost as pathetic as the disabled supporters’ helpers giving the wanker sign when United score.

They’re looking for a reaction, and sadly the Munich chants are too easy to ridicule.

One day, they will get a proper reaction: a crush will ensue, and someone will die.

It nearly happened 30 years ago at a night game when the rags were at home to Chelsea. I used to go to some games at the swamp when I was at school (being from Stretford), willing on the away team.

Chelsea charged out of their end at the end of the game and chased the rags back down the tunnel. People / rags were falling over trying to escape from the Chelsea mob and were being trampled over. It was pretty sickening and the rags who would have been injured were older fans just trying to get out of the way.

Tim of the Oak said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:

It nearly happened 30 years ago at a night game when the rags were at home to Chelsea. I used to go to some games at the swamp when I was at school (being from Stretford), willing on the away team.

Chelsea charged out of their end at the end of the game and chased the rags back down the tunnel. People / rags were falling over trying to escape from the Chelsea mob and were being trampled over. It was pretty sickening and the rags who would have been injured were older fans just trying to get out of the way.

How bizarre?

I've never been to the swamp in the Premier League, apart from when City are the visitors. However, during the 84-85 season, I saw United draw 1-1 with Chelsea, (the day after watching City lose 2-0 at Molineux).
It was an early season midweek game that finished 1-1, with Mickey Thomas scoring for Chelsea.
After the game, there was a huge skirmish, resulting in United fans running back into the stadium to avoid the Chelsea mob. I was in the United Road and it was utter chaos

I'd forgotten all about it, but that must have been the same game.

I bet it isn't mentioned in Men in Black.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.