Can We Talk About Away Fans?

Scaring Europe to Death said:
What always puzzles me about the Old Trafford Derby is how so many young supporters get tickets.
It was the same in Plzen when City were only allocated about 600 .

Surely, under the official loyal points criteria, you would need to have been going regularly for 20 years to qualify for these sort of games?

Or am I being naive?

Nope I said the same thing. I've had a season ticket since 2003 go to the bulk of away games over the last 6 years and have amassed 11470 points so missed out yet as you say when the cameras cut to the city fans lots of kids around 12-14 years old in there so who knows how they got tickets

lancs blue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
I'm surprised it hasn't already been posted but the away end was full of people, who quite frankly shouldn't have been in that stadium. Chinese tourists, taking pictures who couldn't speak a word of English. They looked scared when we scored. There was a picture of twitter doing the rounds, I'll have a look for it.
P
No it wasn't, in fact looking around I saw very few obvious "tourist" types in there today.
Totally agree the least number of tourists I have seen at an away game this season

didsburyblu said:
What always puzzles me about the Old Trafford Derby is how so many young supporters get tickets.

Surely, under the official loyal points criteria, you would need to have been going regularly for 20 years to qualify for these sort of games?

Or am I being naive?

Nope I said the same thing. I've had a season ticket since 2003 go to the bulk of away games over the last 6 years and have amassed 11470 points so missed out yet as you say when the cameras cut to the city fans lots of kids around 12-14 years old in there so who knows how they got tickets

Any qualifying season ticket holder can also purchase a junior ticket for any away game as long as the junior is a season ticket holder and that is one of the reason why tickets sell out earlier than people expect

Chappie said:
didsburyblu said:

Or am I being naive?

Any qualifying season ticket holder can also purchase a junior ticket for any away game as long as the junior is a season ticket holder and that is one of the reason why tickets sell out earlier than people expect

You sure? Not saying your wrong but I'd be surprised if just because daddy has 13000 little Tommy who is a 1st year season card holder can jump up the queue

Or am I being naive?
I'm 15 and have 12500 points.

Chappie said:
didsburyblu said:

Or am I being naive?

Fair enough, but at what age do you cease to be a junior?

On my row there were four young females, who I would guess were in their early 20s.
It was the same in Plzen, where as well as the diehards, there were dozens of young lads, who judging by their conduct, were old enough to drink.

Saw very few tourist types inside today but there were some.
Saw loads outside though.
I walk past the main entrance at home games and each time it's getting more and more like the scenes outside the swamp; cameras, half 'n' half scarves, first visit at 30 years old and all that shit. God I'm a cynical twunt.

Had a really crap stream today but was struck by how loud we were. Well done blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.