Can we win the premier league ?

Very much doubt it this year, i would be made up if we break into the top 4 which i think is within our means if things go our way, i.e injuries and the form of key players, personally think we'll finish 5th, i'b happy enough with that!

LCBblue said:
I think Chelsea are still far better than us.

in certain areas they are, in as much a settled team they are, got to respect the manager too but we'll give them a game this season, better than any other team i reckon.

de niro said:
LCBblue said:
I think Chelsea are still far better than us.

in certain areas they are, in as much a settled team they are, got to respect the manager too but we'll give them a game this season, better than any other team i reckon.

We beat them before when they were meant to be far better than us. Same as we've done with all the top teams in the past.

Would love it to be this season but just cannot see it, to get in the Champions League would be amazing achievement. However next season I can't see no reason why not squad will have had a full year together the system and tactics should be settled as well. The one advantage we have over the rest is so many on the squad are in their mid 20's once they get the taste of success long term we could well be unstoppable.

Like everyone else here that has followed city through my lifetime the deep seated feeling is ...we are city..i cant happen.

But with the squad we have it can happen, if they can keep the belief going. So far I think we have ridden our luck at the back and been lucky to have Given as the last man.

As the team gel we will (hopefully) get better, the nexgt 2 big games may come a little to quickly for us, but I would take 2 draws at this point!

We have pro's and cons to our season.

Cons
New team gelling
Everyone is fired up to beat us
Naive Manager (in terms of success)
We will miss Ade and Kolo for African Nations

Pros
Lots of new faces out to make a point
No champions league - meaning we have full recovery times and no distractions
Good Squad with back up of reasonable standard for most positions
Bags of money to strengthen in Jan if we are in the running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.