Can we win the premier league ?

rennielufc- are you really a fan of Leeds? That team that went from the premier league right down to the bottom league in successive seasons? So your opinion would matter because you know how to be the biggest losers then?
Personally, I think City will end up top 6, because after all this is the learning season with this team & to win the EPL you have to be a seasoned team & proven force, which we're not at the moment, but I think its good that pundits see us as an outside threat to the top 4...listen to Sparky when he says that they stand a good chance of winning the title within the next 2 seasons, cos from experience of his previous management roles, he wont promise what he can't deliver...he kept a mediocre team like Blackburn, with no money to spend & very average players, apart from the odd 1 or 2, in the top 7 of the EPL, which is no mean feat...keep the faith, he'll deliver... I've been a supporter of City since 1970 & have never seen a stronger side & more than that, I've never seen them with such an aggressive mentality until now, under the direction of Sparky!!

rennielufc said:
No way can City even attemt to win in they got as much chance as Leeds!!
But zero chance of us doing a Leeds. Unlike you we actually have the resources to cope if we don't get there. a lot of myths doing the rounds about City that it's a loan etc all untrue sad to say for the rest. Enjoy Yeovil etc this season because as Forest and Wednesday prove spend a few seasons in League One sadly means becoming an average Championship side when you finally do escape

Like 99.9% of City fans I'd say the title is beyond us this year. Until I heard Tony Book on Blue Tuesday last night saying that he thought we'd run it close. That made my heart race a little and now I want us to go for it, made me think it really was possible. Why not aim higher? Give the sky four something to really worry about.

I think we can win it.

But unfortunately right now I also think Chelsea are just a bit better equipped. However, this is football and nothing is guaranteeed. City must play to the max and see where we end up. Hopefully in the top 4 :)

if we are any where near come jan can see MH spending again to make big push for it but thats a BIG IF

city stew said:
if we are any where near come jan can see MH spending again to make big push for it but thats a BIG IF

There are rarely any top clas players that leave in january, mainly overpriced average ones and they wouldnt really push us on. I dont expect the riberys and the like to move club in january especially in a world cup year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Stati ... 06,00.html</a>

I don't think 90 points will win the league this year however. Probably be in the 80's.

So at a minimum, we need to win around 12 more games this year than we did last. Sound nigh on impossible.

But our away record was utter pants, and after two games we have already equalled it. Maintaining our decent home form from last year, and adding to our wretched away form, should see us getting close to where we need to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.