Can you keep 4 top strikers happy all the time

Vienna_70 said:
We have four full-backs, only two of whom can play at any time.

Ditto centre-backs.

Six central midfielders (if you count Nasri) only two or three play in any given match.

Three creative / wide players, only one or two usually start a game.

None of these players is moaning, as far as I'm aware.

So why should four forwards. All three who haven't thrown their toys out of the pram have had a lot of game-time. Tévez would have too, if he'd behaved.

So I can't see the problem.

Stereotypically speaking, full backs have no where near the arrogance and cockiness of a striker. Hard to compare 4 fullbacks to 4 strikers.

Probably ...

if you could talk the clubs tea-lady into givin' each of them a gobble on a daily basis!

Andouble said:
Vienna_70 said:
We have four full-backs, only two of whom can play at any time.

Ditto centre-backs.

Six central midfielders (if you count Nasri) only two or three play in any given match.

Three creative / wide players, only one or two usually start a game.

None of these players is moaning, as far as I'm aware.

So why should four forwards. All three who haven't thrown their toys out of the pram have had a lot of game-time. Tévez would have too, if he'd behaved.

So I can't see the problem.

Stereotypically speaking, full backs have no where near the arrogance and cockiness of a striker. Hard to compare 4 fullbacks to 4 strikers.

Do you honestly think Kun, Edin and Mario are arrogant or cocky? I don't.

I'm sure they're all aware - and were when we signed them - that they are part of a large squad, with several quality players in each position and that their game-time will be limited to a certain degree.

That was the point I was trying to make in my original post. Any forwards we sign in the future will also the aware of the number and quality of our strike force and will know that he cannot expect to start, or even play in, every game.

Mind you look at all the success the rags have had , yet Berbatov is after leaving .......

i think players will stay , providing they can get an equal share of games under a clubs rota system ....... it's when they get pushed down the line , as Berbatov has been , that they get restless.

It never seems to last when a club has 4 top strikers. After one season or so one wants to leave. United had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, and Berbatov, which is one of the strongest strike forces ever assembled, but Tevez became unhappy and Ronaldo graduated from Real's feeder club to the bigger club. :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Tortoise_Said_to_Achilles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_T ... o_Achilles</a>

On the salary and lifestyle they have, they fucking well should be happy.
None of them signed being told they would be starting every single game.
At the start of the season, with 4 competitions to enter, yes we should have 4 and the fuckers should be more than happy with their lot.

Three and 1 Youngster. TBF, Mancini won Chelsea due to having options on the bench. And that is what Mancini is trying to build from day one, having different players that offer a different set of approach.

kismet said:
I hope the Edin rumours aren't true as well.

I believe he has the potential to be a great player.

Erm I thought he was a great player isnt that why we bought him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.