Cancelled flight chaos - help needed

Myself and my old man were meant to be on a return flight from Nantes to Manchester last Monday with Ryanair but they cancelled it after it was scheduled. They've been no help at all because our journey was booked via mytrip.com and our travel insurance provider has just said they won't payout because our policy didn't cover it.

We're about £500 each down because of Ryanair, for the replacement flight and hotel. Can anyone with experience doing this please help us get our money back, this whole thing has been a disgrace to be honest and it's really left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks blues.
Hiya mate we were on same flight (might have spoke to you did you take the gatwick flight) just banged ours straight to a claims company "resolver" they take 20% but seem pretty confident of a result anything we gets a bonus.

All the relevant information has been covered, but Ryanair will make life difficult for you now as it was booked via a 3rd party.

Anyone looking at booking a low cost carrier flight, just go straight through the airlines direct website.
The occasional small saving via consolidators on websites like Skyscanner simply isn't worth the hassle when things go tits up (and they do go tits up more than people realise)

Good luck getting your money and compo back.

All the relevant information has been covered, but Ryanair will make life difficult for you now as it was booked via a 3rd party.

Anyone looking at booking a low cost carrier flight, just go straight through the airlines direct website.
The occasional small saving via consolidators on websites like Skyscanner simply isn't worth the hassle when things go tits up (and they do go tits up more than people realise)

Good luck getting your money and compo back.
Apparently even if you book through a third party Ryanair have a duty of care, not we've cancelled your flight do one. No rep at airport or any form of contact other than e-mail we've cancelled your flight.

Apparently even if you book through a third party Ryanair have a duty of care, not we've cancelled your flight do one. No rep at airport or any form of contact other than e-mail we've cancelled your flight.

They do, but they make life extra difficult for you if you've gone through a 3rd party.
Ryanair are difficult enough to deal with directly, it's really not worth adding in additional potential hassle using a consolidator (for what is often nothing more than a tiny saving)

Ryanair don't have reps, they barely have actual staff at an airport, such is their business model.

They do, but they make life extra difficult for you if you've gone through a 3rd party.
Ryanair are difficult enough to deal with directly, it's really not worth adding in additional potential hassle using a consolidator (for what is often nothing more than a tiny saving)

Ryanair don't have reps, they barely have actual staff at an airport, such is their business model.
You’re right the flight was running 3 hours late so they’re perfectly prepared to take the hit on cancelling the flight than play catch up, they had no one at the airport to advise on anything hence why we handed ours over to a claims company who are prepared to take them to court.

Reactions: ob
Easyjet cancelled my flight to Turkey after I had checked in at Manchester Airport. I found a flight with another airline for the next day and they paid for it . Also got about £350 compo. So you will definitely be due some dosh .
Depends why it was cancelled. Our easyjet flight from Dalaman to the uk was cancelled on Sunday night. It was because of the storms over here so they don't have to pay us a penny. However we booked new flights for Tuesday morning at no extra cost and we got into an easyjet hotel in Dalyan for 2 nights (which we had to arrange as all the easyjet staff had fucked off home) which was covered including three meals a day

If the reason is outside the airline's control then no comp from EU261 is due. The reason for the cancellation is absolutely key. Wewre other airlines cancelling flights? Was there poor weather? what reason did they give for the cancellation? Good luck with it but be prepared for the fight. I have succesfully claimed on 3 occasions but never without a fight.

Update on this: insurer are saying our coverage doesn't cover a cancelled flight and Ryanair are claiming the weather is an extraordinary circumstance so are refusing to cough up.

Anyone able to offer any help/guidance please?

Stated to Ryanair I'll be taking it to the ombudsman if they carry on fucking about but no progress thus far with the complaint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Straight to the ombudsman with you. No fucking about.
Threatened them with this and explained we were told by their staff at the airport, and with some consistent pressure via phonecalls chasing updates on the complaint from them.. eventually got most of it back.

This is key, raise a complaint and keep the pressure on. If that doesn't work then take it to the ombudsman. They want to avoid that anyway as it costs them money either way, so if anyone is in the same position still I'd say to just keep the pressure on them and don't roll over. They try and make it as laboured and awful a process as possible, because they're scumbags, but just don't let up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.