Cancelling Sky TV

Otamendi's Beard

Okay, so I stupidly agreed to a Sky package which has a minimum term of 18 months.

I'm trying to get out of this contract and I'm happy to pay the early repayment charge, which an online chat advisor told me would be £104.20.

However, when I rang up to process this I was told it can't be done and I'd been given the wrong information. So I have to stay in the contract for the duration of the minimum term.

Has anybody else come out of a contract early? If so, how did you go about it?

It's clearly my error in agreeing in the first place... but I think it's strange that I can't just pay a fee and cancel it early.

When did you agree to the services. Check your terms & conditions as there should be a cooling off period. If your within that then you can cancel without charge. If not then go on Sky's website find their Code of Practice and follow the complaints procedure. Tell them you was in no fit state to realise what you was agreeing to and you might be able to get out of it

Sky also state ...
For Sky TV, HD, Sky+, Sky Multiscreen and Sky Q Multiscreen: To end your contract you’ll need to give us 31 days’ notice which cannot end before your minimum term finishes. Early termination charges are payable if we end the TV contract in your minimum term because you’ve breached your terms and conditions.

Which suggests you have to stay for the full period you signed up for. Odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.