Cancelling Sky TV

I’m with Virgin too. You have to haggle every 18 months and it takes a few hours, but usually end up at around £80 a month for everything.

The TV and broadband is very good, but their call centre teams are crap.

You have got to check your bills. I should have had a free month and an £8 monthly rolling discount so the overall deal matched Sky’s offer, but this didn’t get applied. I’ve raised a complaint four months running and it’s finally been corrected. Don’t phone them, you spend hours talking to people in different departments in different parts of the world. You have to email their complaints team.
Tell me about it.
The amount of times I sorted a deal out only to be sent a different price in an email with the package I'd literally just agreed on 10mins previous.
I will try the email to the complaints team in the future, cheers for the heads up.

Is it worth cancelling Sky to get this fire stick ?

I hear positive things but when people show me it all looks a bit naff, my mate showed me live match and it kept buffering and it doesn’t record etc
That depends on who the supplier of your firestick app mate.
I've had the same one for over 4 years and had very few problems.

You are looking at about 150 quid to get started on IPTV.

I'd get the best available firestick, a good service will likely charge around £60 per year. You will probably need a VPN with a unique IP address when they bring out this new 'Piracy Shield' shit. Surfshark offer it for a few quid extra on their regular service.

Mine has catch-up and VOD & everything. You are a mug if you pay Sky or Virgin those prices. No other word for it.

Is it worth cancelling Sky to get this fire stick ?

I hear positive things but when people show me it all looks a bit naff, my mate showed me live match and it kept buffering and it doesn’t record etc
I used to have Sky.

Bought the new version of the Firestick (best one for streaming) around £70.00
Got it chipped for £50.00 for the year
I live in a Flat so managed to get Hyperoptic Internet which is brilliant £25.00 per mth
The set-up is basically Sky Glass
I can get any film/series (going to try the new Dune film tonight)
All football games at all times.
All pay-per-view boxing etc…included

The only downside (if at all) is
I can’t record
Irish adverts
Live games are around 35 seconds behind

From £95.00 Sky package (which was going up to over £120.00) to just £25.00 per mth til May 2025

I’ve never looked back

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.