'Cant be Bothered' Performances

Re: 'Cant be Arsed' Performances

For me this was the last straw. It's been a poor season but this performance wasn't good enough. Thank you for the memories Mancini you will always be classed as a legend. You lifted the first trophy in 35 years and the first league in 44 years. Unfortunately it's not working and we need someone else who can motivate the players and who can set the team to play with a fast tempo.

TGR said:
simonmdm said:
Just at home? There's been plenty away as well!

I don't think we can fully say what it is without knowing things that go on behind closed doors. Are the players lacking motivation? If so, why?

I am a BIG Mancini fan - let me make that clear. But if the players lack motivation then that IS the managers fault 100%. That's his fucking job!

It's also the backbone of any professional, whatever line of work yer in. I always laid great store by self-motivation. I didn't need to be told how I should be doing something and the level of enthusiasm I brought to the task. It seems that if something doesn't appear to be working on the field motivation is the first thing that diminishes!

Bobby Robson, Sir Bobby(!) always used to say when he had the Barcode job "How dya make a millionaire sweat?"

Mike N said:
Just texted a mate about this. Im in two minds about Mancini but I have to say that these type of performances have been a regular thing this year. Apart from the defeats away from home we could all list how many poor shows at home that we've still managed to win.

What causes it? Any ideas?

Because we are set up for teams to sit back or play a more open game - what we cant play against is a team that presses us from front to back. We are forced to punt long and Tevez / Aguero are nearly always going to lose.

Barry / Rodwell and Garcia in such games do not h ave the required ball skills nor range of passing and we play to slow.

Personally i think we would be better playing Silva with Yaya in the two like RM do with Ozil and Khadera if we want to play like this.

rnblade said:
DaveRave18 said:
This is still the biggest difference between us and rags. They simply try their hardest in every game. They put the jersey on and battle. Even when we thumped them 6:1 at OT they tried. We outclassed them but they fought hard. But we don't. I don't understand this. If any of us had the ability and opportunity to play for city we would die on that pitch rather then just give a luke warm shift as we did yesterday. If they need someone to motivate them I will be quite happy to do that.

It's all about the cash for these players not the club. Obviously there are a couple that give it all every game. It's shocking.

I am not so sure it is just so simple matey. We need a couple of warriors. I don't want to bring up NDJ argument again. But we need someone like him.

all i can say about this season is there would only be 3-4 players who play for us that gave 100% effort every time they were out on the pitch and by that i mean chase every ball and every backside when we don't have the ball and walk off the ground completely spent after giving everything , i also think we miss having a few long term stalwarts in the team like a giggs / scholes for utd or a lampard / john teirry chelsea or a gerrard / jamie carrhager , these guys have genuine love for their respective clubs and bleed for the team colours and would not be shy in letting a player know if he does not give 100 %, joey barton getting sent on loan to france played a big part in QPR going down , the only player that has been with us for a long time micah richards seemed to be out of favour with the boss

Nastasic has been great, he isn't the quickest but he doesn't need to be.

Zabaleta has been good as well, a proper warrior, not the quickest but has had to play a lot of games with Richards out injured.

Kompany started badly, then has had a couple of injuries, his performances have been OK but not as commanding as last year.

Clichy has been mostly good, he had a poor game yesterday but he needed help when McManaman pushed the ball past him, if Silva or Nastasic had got closer to him then McManaman wouldn't have had as much joy as he did. The other side of his game which lets him down is his crossing. Why cross the ball high into the box ? If Dzeko is playing then he has a target, but with Aguero and Tevez the ball should be drilled in low inside the six yard box or pulled back to a midfielder on the edge of the eighteen yard box. Tevez and Aguero won't beat any centre back in the air.

Hart has gone backwards, he had a good game against Madrid in Spain but that is about it. How many shots were on target yesterday, one ??

Barry has impressed at times, but he doesn't have the pace to keep the midfield tight on his own. He is also very left footed and will always take an extra touch to get the ball on his left foot, In all he is too predictable to play against.

Yaya could play anywhere at Barca, defence, midfield, attacking midfield, but was this because he was playing to get in the side ? His name wasn't always on the teamsheet, or he'd be subbed after 60 minutes. I think he should have been subbed for Rodwell yesterday. Next season he shouldn't be automatically named in the starting 11, make him fight for a starting role and lets see some hunger from him again. (Maybe have Obiang or Kondogbia in the squad).

Nasri has been in and out of the side, he keeps starting on the left and will always cut in onto his right foot. He's been poor this season and can do much better.

Tevez has been our most consistent striker with his performances, but he has lacked goals. It was a bizarre substitution yesterday, because he was the biggest threat going forwards. Keeps being subbed by Mancini, and they obviously don't get on.

Aguero has been poor all season, although he has had family issues to deal with too. He is still young though and he showed last season just how good he can be if he gets better supply.

Overall as much as I support our current manager, if a better one is available then maybe it is time for a change. I haven't a clue if Pellegrini is better, but I hope the men in charge do. We should only change if we can bring in a manager who can improve the players we have, I'm sure there are a few managers which are better than Mancini, but he has been the best we've had in my memory. It should be an interesting summer and with our current squad and a few additions we can compete with all the teams in England and Europe.

Aug Liverpool away 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more but for a couple of gifts would've lost comfortably

Sept arsenal home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,arsenal first to every ball simply wanted it more

Nov west ham away 0-0
A tactical masterclass in how not to break a team down
Play was slow and ponderous,never looked like scoring and were lucky to come away with a point,west ham should've had a penalty & had a goal harshly ruled out

Dec Everton home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more

Dec man Utd home 2-3
Basically started the game with ten men by Mancini starting his pet f uckwit Balotelli,2 down before we knew it,rallied a bit then sucker punched at the end by sticking the French coward on the end of the wall
Lost and all down to the tactical nous of Mancini

Dec Sunderland away 0-1
Sunderland first to every ball,deservedly lost as Sunderland simply wanted it more

Jan QPR away 0-0
Slow,pedestrian play made it a comfortable evening for QPR
Never looked like scoring,no plan B and no idea

Feb Liverpool home 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more

Feb Southampton away 1-3
Worst performance of the season
A must win game where we started very slowly and found out to our great surprise that the opposition were first to every ball and simply wanted it more,who knew?
Fully deserved win by saints

March Everton away 0-2
Having seen Wigan dismantle Everton at home in the FA cup the clues to how to play against Everton were there for all to see
Never at the races,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more and we were pathetic,tactically inept and never in the contest

April spurs away 1-3
Comfortably holding a 1-0 lead against a bang average spurs side,Mancini didn't respond to the obvious substitutions Spurs were to make,overran in midfield,spurs first to every ball simply wanted it more and won quite comfortably as city threw Lescott on a a centre forward rather than Dzeko who was on the bench.
Trudged up Seven Sisters rd in disgust season over and thinking I preferred watching City when they were shit but tried

We were very fortunate that Utd choked the title the season before and Mancini has had plenty of opportunities to sort out the clear inadequences of his team in terms of passion,commitment and endeavour never mind the mirage of tactics he clearly knows very little about.
I would be very disappointed if he's not sacked,he's had enough chances to sort it out,time for someone else to have a go

Well played Wigan yesterday
First to every ball and simply wanted it more
Who'd have thought it?

If we played a top side every week, we'd probably win the league. There has been a startling inability from our coaching staff to motivate the players for many (some would say most as even many of our wins have been jammy) of the 'lesser' games... and the league is won by defeating as much 'cannon fodder' as possible.

BTW this isn't just Mancini's fault, fingers have to be pointed at Platt too. The first team coach is so important and Meulensteen (who may be out of a job soon BTW... in which case...?) is regarded as one of the secrets to United's success with a, shall we say, fairly unexceptional set of players.

Hunger and total respect for yhe shirt and what it represents...I hate to say it but the rags have it and to many of our players don't, simple as!
I don't give a fuck who they are and how much talent they have if they don't have this, particularly in the premier league then you will struggle as we have this year topped by yesterday's shambles!
Last year we got away with it but this year teams have sussed us big time

4 top class pacy players with the right attitude needed next season and aside from 4-6 players I wouldn't care less if any of them fucked off and I include the always tired Toure amongst that lot as well! How he can be tired when he had a weeks rest I don't know!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.