Can't believe what I'm reading.

Re: Can't believe what I'm reading.

welcometomanchester said:
Always a mistake logging on here after a defeat but are we forgetting who we are? We are NOT arrogant and fickle like those rags. As if I saw a thread asking if we could elect out of the Europa league? Are we to good for that now? And because there three forwards played well:sign them up. I think a few blues need to remember where we have come from and where we are going. It's our first season in the champions league and Mancini will learn from mistakes just like he has done with the premier league. Dzeko had a poor game but let's be honest not like he's scored a few goals yet? We had a off day move on stop making threads about every detail (yes I know I've made a thread) get down to the Munich game and sing and cheer on the lads.

I'm frustrated as are many as both goals were the result of lamentable defending. Other than that we had 62% possesion and created enough chances to have won. Its annoying that we had our second string full-backs out and even more annoying that the goals weren't all down to them, infact the second one was a true team effort on our part. However no one would have bet their house on winning the champions league this season, but the premier league is a real target. If we win the league, we will be in pot 1 next year and with 3-4 additions to the squad, then we will be serious contenders. As someone has posted and rightly so, the rags and chelski, would be in the same boat as we are in this group and "are" both in the same boat in much weaker groups. The league was and is a realistic option, the champions league is 1-2 seasons away, if we carry on in the league as we have.
Liverpool is now a crucial game in that if we win, it will take the wind out of the sales of the dippers and strike a huge mental blow to the rest of them, City have heartbreak in europe and bounce straight back with a win, again. Its the responce that I want, because it would well and truly show this is not the City of old. One last thing, signing Gareth Bale and right back with real pace is now a must,.

VOOMER said:
welcometomanchester said:
Always a mistake logging on here after a defeat but are we forgetting who we are? We are NOT arrogant and fickle like those rags. As if I saw a thread asking if we could elect out of the Europa league? Are we to good for that now? And because there three forwards played well:sign them up. I think a few blues need to remember where we have come from and where we are going. It's our first season in the champions league and Mancini will learn from mistakes just like he has done with the premier league. Dzeko had a poor game but let's be honest not like he's scored a few goals yet? We had a off day move on stop making threads about every detail (yes I know I've made a thread) get down to the Munich game and sing and cheer on the lads.

I'm frustrated as are many as both goals were the result of lamentable defending. Other than that we had 62% possesion and created enough chances to have won. Its annoying that we had our second string full-backs out and even more annoying that the goals weren't all down to them, infact the second one was a true team effort on our part. However no one would have bet their house on winning the champions league this season, but the premier league is a real target. If we win the league, we will be in pot 1 next year and with 3-4 additions to the squad, then we will be serious contenders. As someone has posted and rightly so, the rags and chelski, would be in the same boat as we are in this group and "are" both in the same boat in much weaker groups. The league was and is a realistic option, the champions league is 1-2 seasons away, if we carry on in the league as we have.
Liverpool is now a crucial game in that if we win, it will take the wind out of the sales of the dippers and strike a huge mental blow to the rest of them, City have heartbreak in europe and bounce straight back with a win, again. Its the responce that I want, because it would well and truly show this is not the City of old. One last thing, signing Gareth Bale and right back with real pace is now a must,.
sir that was a brilliant post.

Voomer you have been offically hired to give the team talk on Sunday. great post.

Great reply Voomer.
I know that there has been alot of talk in the media and on here about storming the CL this year. To be honest, I can only echo the sentiments of others - this was a tough group to be in. We need to adjust to the style and rigours of playing in the CL, I would have thought that it was a realistic objective to treat this year as a learning curve and see what we achieve.
So if we do drop down into the Europa, is that such a bad thing? Are people gonna complain if we have a good run in that comp or even win the thing?
Everyone on here is gonna be stoked if we win the Prem but what if getting into the knockout phase of the CL jeopardises that aspiration? Or even doing well in the Europa too?
For me, I can take the pain of being out of the CL, EL and even the FA and Carling cups if it means focussing on and winning the Premiership.

Empty vessels make the most noise, likewise, those with the strongest opinions get noticed more, especially on a forum such as this.If you believe its a true representation of what the average blue thinks, thats akin to certain idiots on RAWK or SadCafe reading the red tops headlines and having an 'informed' opinion about us. I think its safe to say we havent turned into the rags just yet...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.