Captain Carlos?

Carlos was quality yesterday, after that challenge the whole team started to put a bit more effort in. Seems to be grafting for the team and no media circus around him or his agent makes things tick along much better. Not captain though just another leader on the pitch.

city 'til i cry said:
Skashion said:
Why not make him captain?

That would open up a can of worms.

Certainly played like a captain in the second half, he is becoming the heartbeat of the team again. As you say why not?

They should all play like captains, and if yer notice PL winners in the past, their teams are full of players who could be captain.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
city 'til i cry said:
Skashion said:
Why not make him captain?

Certainly played like a captain in the second half, he is becoming the heartbeat of the team again. As you say why not?

They should all play like captains, and if yer notice PL winners in the past, their teams are full of players who could be captain.

Current players who play like captains (or more correctly, are leaders);

Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Barry

I'd be more than happy with any of them as captain.

Tevez wouldn't come anywhere near skipper for me. You need someone you can trust, not some fly by night with a dodgy agent.

Lavinda Past said:
city 'til i cry said:

Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Barry

Tevez wouldn't come anywhere near skipper for me. You need someone you can trust, not some fly by night with a dodgy agent.

I take it that you`ve not forgiven him LP ? ;)

oakiecokie said:
Lavinda Past said:

Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Barry

I take it that you`ve not forgiven him LP ? ;)

To quote the bacon-faced piss head... "not in my lifetime..." :)

We all remember when he dragged the team along by the scruff of the neck a few seasons back. A win at Bolton stands out for me. Two goals from half chances. It was a very similar performance on Saturday. He linked in with Toure in the Silva role, chased everything down, and scored the match winner. A priceless display. We may be able to put a price on it at the end of the season though!
Clichy's display was very good also, he showed tremendous endeavour and a will to win.
I agree we have a number of Captains in this team and even though a few players are struggling with the burden of being Champions, thank God their are still men like Tevez with that will to win the game every time they cross that white line.
Over the season I am convinced this team will prove they have the resilience and class to be Champions again. Mancini is trying to take it to the next phase with his hands tied. January will be very interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.