Captain?

I wrote this as a reply to an earlier thread but by the time I'd finished it the thread didn't exist any more???

Anyway *Apple V*...

Let's look at the options for the next four games as someone needs to have the armband... I'll leave the debate on Dunne for the long term to another time another thread...

Robinho (24): Did it once successfully but out of contention after his little trip back to Brazil surely..?

Zabaleta (24): Has shown he can lead by example, but not very vocal (language issues?) if that's what we need...?

Kompany (22): Again leads by example certainly and though young would be my vote...

Richards (20): Been at the club a while and can be vocal but not absolutely guaranteed a start and too young...?

Bridge (28): A great success at Southampton and won player of the year and held the record for consecutive appearances (113) before Lampard broke that for Chelsea, while no dopubt Wayne sat on the bench. A consistent and experienced PL performer and has a shout despite being very new to the club...?

SWP (27): A City legend and his time with us would count in his favour but I doubt he's be up to it as very quiet and just gets on with his own game. Although maybe just what he needs to bring him out of himself a bit more...?

Ireland (22): Probably too much of a wild-card personality wise but seems to have matured enormously since his new training/fitness regime. Language could be a problem though...? -)

Bellamy (29): NOW THIS WOULD PUT THE CAT AMONG THE PROVERBIALS! But in his favour he's the oldest of the candidates and, successfully (?), captains Wales and to quote Hughes "He is an outstanding player who provides us with qualities that we are slightly lacking." Leadership perhaps?

Also Mark Noble had this to say about him "one of the best professionals I've ever worked with. He's so fired up and wants to win every game, and I can't see anything wrong with that. For all that's written and said about him, he one of the best professionals I have worked with. He's great for the young lads. He's good for them and good for the team. He says what he thinks and I don't think that's a bad thing. I know a load of players like that. But he gets the best out of people around him. Everyone knows he likes West Ham - you could see that from his performances. He never chucked it in, he scored goals for us and gave 100 per cent every game."
And on a side note he seems to be something of a philanthropist too after "on 6 May 2008 plans were announced for the building of the Craig Bellamy Foundation for disadvantaged children in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Bellamy has visited the war-torn West African country and has reportedly been moved to invest £650,000 of his own money to help build a football academy to develop the country's young football talent." Hmm...?

I really don't think there are any other realistic candidates in the current squad and de Jong (24) will again probably be too young and lack PL experience if he does sign.

Perhaps this is why the much needed centre half we're going to allegedly get could be the man...? John Terry anyone???

Other than that it could be Shay Given, again if we sign him, as he has bags of experience in the League... But I'm sure he won't start every game as I reckon Hughes would give Hart a go in the cups...? Sorry cup (singular)! But having said that he wouldn't be cup-tied so maybe not...?

Oh whatever, I'm knackered now and my head hurts...

I'd give it to Vincent...

"Starry, starry night... paint your palette Blue and white.... We all know man yoo are shite....... But I could have told you Vincent this club was always meant for one as wonderful as you... "

Kompany for me,

Also can anyone answer when Dunne got sent off against Wigan, Who got the armband?

I stick with what I've said before on this topic. It will probably be someone we haven't signed yet. Most likely at c.b. And it will definately happen this summer.

1.618034 said:
"What's strange is that Hughes gave it Robinho last time v Hull but Vinnie was playing...

It was sychophantic IMO. Les was trying to keep Robinho on side as he had already lost the other two brazilians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.