car insurance advice for teenager

whilst your right about uninsured drivers and your predicament, we are trying to help this guy get some decent cheap cover for his kid. It is hard to obtain cheap cover imo because of idiots who pass their test and think their lewis hamilton. I know of three now four lads who have passed their test and wrote off cars within months of passing.

Televators said:
I had the first car my daughter drove registered in my name and then bunged her on as a named driver.

When the little sweetheart wrote it off after 6 months they did question me about why I had two cars, at which point I put my snottiest voice on and told them it was none of their bloody business how many cars I had, which seemed to work.

As long as the kid is living at the same address as you (e.g. not away at Uni etc.) there shouldn’t be a problem.

I would not bank on this I used to work as an underwriter for a large car insurance company and if they want to any insurance company can check to see who uses the car more, and if they find the child is the main user of the vehicle not only is the insurance invalid they can push for criminal charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.