Car Park prices doubled everywhere!

Need to get rid of the trams and set up that electric bike station instead, get a few thousand of us wacky races style down the track and on the way home.

Its a nightmare in that blue car park, done it a couple of times and not doing it again.

The one thing that would get me to call it a day would not be a reversion to early sixties style football, Pep's departure, or abolishing the concession STs. It would be the travelling. There is no pleasant way to get to the Etihad. And I only come about a dozen miles. If I get to my seat less than an hour before kick off I think I'm late, but as I drove down Alan Turing Way yesterday and saw Blue Car Park rammed I thought, 'kinell, there's a hour to go and everyone's here! Thankfully I was in Green Car Park! But the travelling become a major ball ache whether it's train, tram, bus or car!
Spot on! That's what finished me off, a couple of years ago when they scrapped parking season tickets...

Spot on! That's what finished me off, a couple of years ago when they scrapped parking season tickets...
Yeah, yer expect that season on season the organisation and infrastructure at the club would improve. The ditching of the season car park pass was a retrograde step! Yer can easily miss out on a car park space these days and when yer remember they've sold out so revert to being a fuckin' sardine on the metro, and hope Northern Rail have enough drivers post-match!

Our relegation should make things a lot easier.
I have been thinking that relegation would make a lot of things more preferable. Eg easy parking, people knowing what seat they are in as no more tourists, sauntering up at 2.50pm, Vince miller (if alive) in his white suit, seeing a 1-0 loss as a good result, it’s endless.

Someone should do a study into all PL clubs, just to know where City sit. Would be interesting to know if travelling to home games at City really is one of the worst for the size of the stadium or more normal than we realize(for the UK at least).

I still think Manchester Council hasn't done nearly enough to sort the Eastland's transport links, regardless of where it sits in relation to other stadiums. Considering what a boost the Etihad has been for many years for them, let alone the new arena and everything currently being built. It's almost like it's taken for granted IMO.

Last edited:
Someone should do a study into all PL clubs, just to know where City sit. Would be interesting to know if travelling to home games at City really is one of the worst for the size of the stadium or more normal than we realize(for the UK at least).

I still think Manchester Council hasn't done nearly enough to sort the Eastland's transport links, regardless of where it sits in relation to other stadiums. Considering what a boost the Etihad has been for many years for them, let alone the new arena and everything currently being built. It's almost like it's taken for granted IMO.

I’ve not done a study but I suspect that apart from grounds like Newcastle and Ipswich, which are right in the City Centre, City would score pretty highly.

Not to say it can’t be improved but it’s walkable from the city centre for a lot of people and has its own tram station. Not too many clubs have either of those things.

Imagine going to fucking Brighton every week?

Yes, the park and ride Ashton Moss metronome station not far from the M 60.
The post code is Ol 6 7IUb
Sally they are all full now 3/4 of an hour before the game starts and the tram service can be intermittent - at least 3 times at the back end of the season trams we're just not getting back to Ashton on time.
If you remove on street parking at least get public transport working first.
Sadly not.

Need to get rid of the trams and set up that electric bike station instead, get a few thousand of us wacky races style down the track and on the way home.

Its a nightmare in that blue car park, done it a couple of times and not doing it again.
I spent the last twenty seasons parking up there. Adds another hour to the journey home. And the days when the ANR wasn't working - 'Kinell!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.