Car Park prices doubled everywhere!

I never bother getting the tram after the game at the ground. They are supposed to be putting on extra trams but at the final whistle on Saturday it came up on the scoreboard that the first tram to Ashton was TWENTY FIVE minutes, thanks Metrolink you useless turds

Someone on here who seemed to know what they’re on about, said last season that the live time running information can’t cope with the additional trams that run on match days and those screens are best just ignored.

Someone on here who seemed to know what they’re on about, said last season that the live time running information can’t cope with the additional trams that run on match days and those screens are best just ignored.
I walked from the ground to the half way house after the game, a long way for an FOC, not a single tram passed me. It’s a fucking useless service

Parked on there for the first time in a couple if seasons as I managed to get free parking round the corner until now.Bloke who takes the money immediately started apologising before he told us the price. Decent fella,he told us the owner really wants to put it up to £15!!!!!

Yeh he's great. It's worth going on there just to hear him shout at people who can't park properly!

I walked from the ground to the half way house after the game, a long way for an FOC, not a single tram passed me. It’s a fucking useless service
trouble with the tram on ashton new road is it gets stuck in the traffic along with everyone else

Use to park on riverside along with everyone else

Tried the tram for the 1st time as bit of an experiment

Did south Chadderton stop to the interchange about 4 stops down then walked to the ground roughly 30 mins then obviously back

Got home 10 mins quicker than taking the car

If I ain't of stopped for a piss enroute back it would of been 20 mins quicker as one of the fuckers was just pulling away from the stop as i got there

Metro link have absolutely no consideration for piss stops

They've seen CFG and OVG charging £25 for Coop Live parking, and City increasing parking charges this season. Add to that street parking restrictions. And they've thought, we'll have some of that.

Call me cynical, but I'm sure MCC and City are in it together to restrict parking around the Etihad so City can charge more for parking, knowing full well many people will have no option but to pay the increased parking charges.

Last edited:
I never bother getting the tram after the game at the ground. They are supposed to be putting on extra trams but at the final whistle on Saturday it came up on the scoreboard that the first tram to Ashton was TWENTY FIVE minutes, thanks Metrolink you useless turds
As a visitor and irregular user of the tram I was hopeful on Saturday for an easy journey. I parked the car for free at Ashton West. Getting to the ground was easy. However going back was a disaster. I was at the stop at 5.10 with the first tram due at 5.23. 4 passed us by, either dropping off, not in service or in one case the doors opened but we weren't allowed on. I got on the first one at 5.45. The only upside is I was only charged 10p on my debit card for swiping on/off.

I was just about to post that as well. The trams just keep coming once the game is over. Not always to the destination you might require but they hardly seem to have more than 1 or 2 minutes between. The Eccles and outlying areas seem to be slotted in between the ones that are terminating at nearer venues. I guess because a lot of people are just going into town for a drink or a meal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.