Car Parking Fines

Hmm... I just thought: let the bailiffs come down here, it's my legal right to defend myself and people on my street witnessed the bailiff assaulting me (first) so I legally defended myself ;)
A word to the wise. Once a PPC has secured a County Court Judgement (CCJ), enforcement via bailiff action is just one option available to the creditor. Once that option has been exhausted, an Attachment of Earnings Order (AEO) might be granted whereby deductions can be made direct from your pay. Regardless, the impact of a CCJ is such that it doesn't only prevent individuals from securing credit but impacts their credit score to the extent that insurance premiums rise significantly due to increased risk. Note also that a CCJ will remain in place for nine years following the end of the year in which it is granted irrespective of whether the original debt is paid.

I went to Peter Kay recently and parked on one of the private arrangements near to the Etihad. It was on a road, but the road is now gated, so no longer public. I paid.

Today I received this, and tried to appeal. Given the appeal was not delivered due to a fault on their website, I emailed them with these pictures and told them their website was rubbish. I received a reply that indicated they would not be looking further into the matter.

The pictures don't even show my car in their car park. The parking period I am supposed to have dodged is just 10 seconds! I would love to defend this in court. Anyone know what it's likely to happen from here?
c4f9071d98c30bd4a902f318baa145b4.jpg
999ba3d166a40cd4a9cdd52be3c0a488.jpg

I went to Peter Kay recently and parked on one of the private arrangements near to the Etihad. It was on a road, but the road is now gated, so no longer public. I paid.

Today I received this, and tried to appeal. Given the appeal was not delivered due to a fault on their website, I emailed them with these pictures and told them their website was rubbish. I received a reply that indicated they would not be looking further into the matter.

The pictures don't even show my car in their car park. The parking period I am supposed to have dodged is just 10 seconds! I would love to defend this in court. Anyone know what it's likely to happen from here?
If it’s not your car, you never passed through that car park, and it was for 10 seconds (which is clearly not parked), I’d say as long as you’ve informed them of those facts, and demand that it is withdrawn, then you don’t need to do anything.

I had similar(somewhere on this forum), about parking at Brooklands tram parking , overnight on Saturday. They got the wrong tram station (!), the wrong time (the last train to Brooklands from town hadn’t arrived by then) and said they’d watched all night…
… they withdrew it

If it’s not your car, you never passed through that car park, and it was for 10 seconds (which is clearly not parked), I’d say as long as you’ve informed them of those facts, and demand that it is withdrawn, then you don’t need to do anything.

I had similar(somewhere on this forum), about parking at Brooklands tram parking , overnight on Saturday. They got the wrong tram station (!), the wrong time (the last train to Brooklands from town hadn’t arrived by then) and said they’d watched all night…
… they withdrew it
Thanks mate. It is my car in the picture, but I didn't go into their car park. Both pictures are of my car on the road outside their car park.

I'll leave it from here. I think I've done enough. The ball is in their court now, and I'd love to receive summons from them, and defend myself. I'll claim expenses of £10 per minute, which is the same rate they are charging me.

So according to that you spent 0 time in the car park as you didnt even park in the car park and you allegedly entered the car park for 10 seconds. On the last point of being in the car park 10 seconds they cant even use that, clause A8.4 of the British Parking Association Code of Practice

(https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/NEW Redesigned Documents/Version91.2.2024.pdf) states...

"If a driver is parking with your permission, they must have the opportunity to read the terms and conditions before they enter into the contract with you. If, having had that
opportunity, they decide not to park but choose to leave the car park,you must provide them with a reasonable grace period to leave,as they will not be bound by your parking contract."

10 seconds would not be deemed reasonable.

They dont really have a leg to stand on.

Thanks mate. It is my car in the picture, but I didn't go into their car park. Both pictures are of my car on the road outside their car park.

I'll leave it from here. I think I've done enough. The ball is in their court now, and I'd love to receive summons from them, and defend myself. I'll claim expenses of £10 per minute, which is the same rate they are charging me.
Try writing directly to the directors, their details are available via the companies house website. I would write to them both giving a 14 day period to respond before you start charging for letters, postage, telephone calls and inconvenience fees.

Although seeing as your car is RED, I think you deserve a fine anyway.

I’d just ignore them. Yes they occasionally take an odd case to court, so they can plaster the outcome all over their leaflets as a warning. But you can be certain out of the thousands they’re got to choose from, they’ll only pick ones they are absolutely guaranteed to win. Not risk losing with shit like this.

Try writing directly to the directors, their details are available via the companies house website. I would write to them both giving a 14 day period to respond before you start charging for letters, postage, telephone calls and inconvenience fees.

Although seeing as your car is RED, I think you deserve a fine anyway.
Haha. I thought I might get pulled on that minor indiscretion. Put it down to very little choice when I purchased, and impatience to buy.

They need to give a grace period to read T&C and pay. Usually 10 minutes but some are 5 minutes. Don't pay when it goes to debt collection explain, it should get cancelled at that stage. If not and it did go to court they've not got a leg to stand on.
From the pictures I'm assuming you did a yew turn at the entrance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.