Car parks

I’ve been parking at the National Cycling Centre this season but it was closed yesterday. Does anyone know if this was a one off or will it be closed permanently?
I tried to park there and they said it was just for that day. Ended up parking at the Nortons Tyres on Drewett Street.

The chaos with the official car parks is having a knock on effect to the surrounding areas. I used have a season pass for Blue car park but jacked it off as soon as they announced plans this season.

I travel from Warrington and used to set off before 1:30 and would still have time to have a swift pint in the ground.
Weekend traffic around Manchester just seems to be much worse and the off site parking takes longer to get to because the traffic is backing up from the official car parks. Pretty much hit traffic as soon as I’d crossed Oldham Rd yesterday.

I used to park on Riverpark trading estate. When he stopped selling season tickets for parking I then parked on the road outside.
The car park is now closed permanently and the road was full well beforekick off, which is the first time I've ever had a problem parking up there, and this was 1.45
I parked on Briscoe lane which I really don't want to do as it's a hotspot for vandalism and car crime

Last edited:
The chaos with the official car parks is having a knock on effect to the surrounding areas. I used have a season pass for Blue car park but jacked it off as soon as they announced plans this season.

I travel from Warrington and used to set off before 1:30 and would still have time to have a swift pint in the ground.
Weekend traffic around Manchester just seems to be much worse and the off site parking takes longer to get to because the traffic is backing up from the official car parks. Pretty much hit traffic as soon as I’d crossed Oldham Rd yesterday.
Absolute fucking nightmare yesterday.

I had to work , but we left home at a decent time; last season we would have made it comfortably. However, we hit traffic just past the McDonald’s/Asda in Harpurhey and it was a crawl all the way to the Blue Car Park.

Then, when we finally got in, I was stopped and asked my name, as was everyone.

An absolute fucking shambles!

I used to park on Riverpark trading estate. When he stopped selling season tickets for parking I then parked on the road outside.
The car park is now closed permanently and the road was full well beforekick off, which is the first time I've ever had a problem parking up there, and this was 1.45
I parked on Briscoe lane which I really don't want to do as it's a hotspot for vandalism and car crime

Any idea why they have stopped parking on there? Must have been a good earner.

Any idea why they have stopped parking on there? Must have been a good earner.
Someone said the parking company had gone bust over the Covid period, but I don't get that as the staff will have been casual
That is unless they paid rent up front to the land owner and that's what's done it, in which case the land owner has/will missed out now lockdowns are a thing of the past
They must have got 500 cars on there minimum

I went by train yesterday as the last game the traffic after the game was a mare on Mancunian Way. I got the 5.45pm back to Warrington from Ox Road and it went over the Manc way which again looked absolutely rammed an hour after the FT whistle

rang up this morning and told velodrome car park will be closed till next season, related to construction work for the new arena.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.