Carabao Cup 4th Round Draw | Liverpool (H) | 8pm, Thurs 22nd December

That would wind up the press to no end, but it's a bit optimistic. :)

On the plus side, what a way to give them some experience of senior professional football, without sending them on loan. City might actually want that.
Yeah where City are concerned I'm forever the optimist. Surely that's what the academy is built for and is achieving. Churning out professional footballers. I read somewhere the other day currently there are 100 professionals that came out of Citys academy. Of course not every one is as successful as Phil, Cole or Rico but isn't the aim to give them the best chance to perform at their peak?
It must be tough balancing whether they're ready for the 1st team against stunting growth/hurting confidence but taking a risk & having faith in a youngsters ability is surely part of what City are about. Certainly since I started following them. I remember a piece in the evening news decades ago stating City were spending 2million a year on the academy...think it was around Alex Williams time..he may have started it. It's in the City dna. Bring it on I say. Let them loose.

I’m not sure about that. All depends. It’s not a great draw and I would have preferred an easier one.
Its a cracking draw. I'll be dying to see City back in action by December the 22nd. Most of the players will be up for it too. A full house after Xmas shopping.

Fixture is listed on the City app down as Tuesday 20th December 19:45

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.