Carabao Cup 4th Round Games - 20/21/22 December '22

All the English boys started for Newcastle tonight. None of ours boys back in yet?
I'd have thought that they should be nearly available at this stage. England were knocked out on the 10th, so our English contingent would have been back in Manchester on the 12th (last monday). I think Pep said that they'd be getting a week off after returning, so that would mean them back in training yesterday. I'd be disappointed if they weren't under consideration, at the very least.

Well to be fair,they have had a few Cup Finals in the past 20/25 years.
(Indeed they had one 46 years ago,which I actually attended).
But they got beat in all of those finals,so as I said in my original post, they have won fuck all domestically for almost 70 years.
But they got beat in all of those finals,so as I said in my original post, they have won fuck all domestically for almost 70 years.
You are correct -but my point is about the Pochettino’s of this World who have put on record the Cups don’t matter etc -which many a Team Selection amongst his colleagues has borne out

I'd have thought that they should be nearly available at this stage. England were knocked out on the 10th, so our English contingent would have been back in Manchester on the 12th (last monday). I think Pep said that they'd be getting a week off after returning, so that would mean them back in training yesterday. I'd be disappointed if they weren't under consideration, at the very least.
Some of them were still abroad (as well publicised - and criticised, yesterday ) but comparisons to other Englands player arent reasonable, we've played 6 games more than them already and will likely play another 8-10 more before the season is out.

Not aimed at you more of a global reply!

Some of them were still abroad (as well publicised - and criticised, yesterday ) but comparisons to other Englands player arent reasonable, we've played 6 games more than them already and will likely play another 8-10 more before the season is out.

Not aimed at you more of a global reply!
The price of being at a club that regularly qualifies for European competition, and progresses deep in the competition. The players would have been well aware of that before they joined. They can't really claim they were unaware of the potential demands on them. As for some of them still not back in Manchester; I hadn't seen that, and am shocked that the club have (presumably) okayed that. If any of our lads had played every minute for England (and I don't think any of them did), they'd have played five games in, what, nearly 3 weeks. Would they have played much less in the same period a "normal" domestic campaign? The same also applies to the Portuguese and Spanish lads and Nathan, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.