Carabao Cup Final plans

I am having a serious memory failure

Stopped in a bar on the Wembley Park route a couple of times in past years - handy as then only a couple of stops to the stadium. Was hoping it would be a good place to watch the scum game and still have no problem getting to the match in good time. Trouble is I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called or what station it was

My tip - don't get old - or drink less
West Hampstead? That's on a road with plenty of shops and bars.

Could someone put my mind at ease please.
I'm going to my first final ever tomorrow with a mate- he told me last night he's parking near the ground and going on the tube.
I have terrible anxiety and I've not been on the metro link here for 2 plus years as I get bad panic attacks. Is the tube likely to be extremely busy at the end and is it like sardines?

It will be busy, but how bad depends what time you get there.

yeah were getting there early - i'm more worried about it coming back if i'm honest post match.

Coming back - which line are you coming in on/where is he parking?
The way to Wembley Park will be full, and there is usually a solid mass all the way, and probably for 45 minutes or so afterwards (based on Rugby League cup finals, rather than football, admittedly). I don't know about travelling outwards, but there are two lines there, and three routes, once you arrive, so maybe not too awful once on the tube.
If you're on the Bakerloo line, the walk down after the Arsenal semifinal was fairly calm, and the station is far enough away to not get as many, a little busy at the entrance maybe, but not much more than that.
Wembley Stadium overground is madness (directly SW of the ground, and very close), huge numbers in an enclosed channel and less regular trains.

Coming back - which line are you coming in on/where is he parking?
The way to Wembley Park will be full, and there is usually a solid mass all the way, and probably for 45 minutes or so afterwards (based on Rugby League cup finals, rather than football, admittedly). I don't know about travelling outwards, but there are two lines there, and three routes, once you arrive, so maybe not too awful once on the tube.
If you're on the Bakerloo line, the walk down after the Arsenal semifinal was fairly calm, and the station is far enough away to not get as many, a little busy at the entrance maybe, but not much more than that.
Wembley Stadium overground is madness (directly SW of the ground, and very close), huge numbers in an enclosed channel and less regular trains.

I think it's the Bakerloo line he was mentioning last night mate.

That's probably a good one then. Furthest station (15-20 minutes walk) and only goes 4 stops to Harrow.

Yeah he said it was only about 3 or so stops.
I wish I could be normal like other people and not have all these fucking worries, it's horrible.

Yeah i read that myself,i know they close the pubs an hour before the games but didn't realise they keep them closed ,hopefully someone will know for certain and post later if they do reopen after the game.

I can't find anything more specific, sorry.

Could someone put my mind at ease please.
I'm going to my first final ever tomorrow with a mate- he told me last night he's parking near the ground and going on the tube.
I have terrible anxiety and I've not been on the metro link here for 2 plus years as I get bad panic attacks. Is the tube likely to be extremely busy at the end and is it like sardines?
Which underground is your mate parking at? Have a look at some of the other options suggested on here such as Watford or Beaconsfield & getting the overground train in, you should be OK, Wembley Central is an easy walk to the ground so you should be OK, jusy take it at your pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.