Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Bravo playing there's going to be a lot of posters coming on giving it the old "I told you so!" one way or another depending on the result..

I assume Alvarez is taking a punt today about Sterling, as imo Pep won’t have told the squad who is starting as yet.

We know this is true because otherwise Alvarez would have already posted the team. Never too early for him!

We will not change our tactics for this game so expect 4-3-3 with the usual inverted fullbacks pressing into midfield during possession and in the opposition counter attack. Without Sterling Pep will go with Bernardo and Danilo will replace Delph in my view. Although he may even introduce Zinchenko Or Jesus at some point zinchenko has played a part in this competition and Pep may be loyal towards that. Bravo is a case in point. Jesus may come on later depending on how things work out .
Expect Özil to try to find Aubamayang on the counter.
Also the likes of Wilshire and Elneny to target Silva and De Bruyne so that they can't get space in the final third .
Arsenal either 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 - predictable enough. Counter attacking will be their threat .
Cmon blues . You can do it. Sergio to score at least 1 perhaps . Mentality has to be 100% . If they all play to the best of their abilities then we will be happy come 6:30 tomorrow evening.

With Bravo playing there's going to be a lot of posters coming on giving it the old "I told you so!" one way or another depending on the result!

I think that’s inevitable if he makes a mistake. It’s a forum. You will always get that. I was lambasting Aguero first half against Leicester and he scored 4 goals after !! It’s just the way it is. Football is an emotional game. I was pissed off Monday but soon realised that it has likely saved me in the region of £200 had we got to the semi and closer to £500 had we made the final. I shall be spending it this weekend!

My 48 hr bender has begun. On the train to watcher Mozzer in Leeds to start it off!

asked him which source ,thanked him for the source,said the metro is not a good source in as many words
lets hope they are available
Flipping heck! Lets just hope Sterlings fit to play, I'm not actually his biggest fan but he does create an extra problem for opponents with his unconventionsl style and speed is always a good weapon.

I think that’s inevitable if he makes a mistake. It’s a forum. You will always get that. I was lambasting Aguero first half against Leicester and he scored 4 goals after !! It’s just the way it is. Football is an emotional game. I was pissed off Monday but soon realised that it has likely saved me in the region of £200 had we got to the semi and closer to £500 had we made the final. I shall be spending it this weekend!

My 48 hr bender has begun. On the train to watcher Mozzer in Leeds to start it off!
True true. But I'm not a believer in rubbing it in, but as you say, it's a forum :)

True true. But I'm not a believer in rubbing it in, but as you say, it's a forum :)
Conversely, if we win especially if Bravo plays a crucial part in it, those who champion him could come on here to say 'i told you so'.
No matter which side we're on for any players inclusion we all have a common wish for every player to play fantastic and win the trophy. I'm hoping Bravo proves me wrong I really want him to.

Conversely, if we win especially if Bravo plays a crucial part in it, those who champion him could come on here to say 'i told you so'.
No matter which side we're on for any players inclusion we all have a common wish for every player to play fantastic and win the trophy. I'm hoping Bravo proves me wrong I really want him to.
Yeah I included that in my original post. If we win and he plays well, "I told you so, you should have believed you're not real City fans!". And if we lose and he sucks, "I told you so, Pep isn't perfect and it's unprofessional that he did what he did!".

Personally I'd prefer it if neither happened, but again, it's a forum and people should be allowed to say what they want.

No one is championing Bravo starting for his talent versus Ederson so that scenario is unlikely.

Those posters just understand why Pep is picking him, even if they’d do it differently on paper.

C'mon mate he's made plenty of good, even great saves. Grigg's effort required him to pull off a world class save which most keepers wouldn't have made -- imo Eddy could have saved it, but that's immaterial, Claudio earned his right to play against Wigan and the same applies tomoz imo.

Agree he should play tomorrow mate, but he doesn't make saves and that is the issue. Agree the grigg goal not an error, but like most one on ones he gets nowhere near them. His footwork is the issue imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.