Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Watford (H) | Tues 24th Sept, 49 hours after Arsenal

Hopefully this is now the death knell for teams in Europe playing in this competition. Assuming no European qualified teams played then the winners would definitely qualify the following season and a few more teams would have a day out at Wembley. It might also stop mid table and championship sides playing their third teams in it!
If clubs that are in UEFA comps drop out it becomes a 2nd-class competition and it's very possible that UEFA would refuse to accept the winners in the following season's Europa League.

Yes, I want us to win and I believe we can field a team that will win without jeopardising the other competitions.
Fair enough. I just think that now they’ve started altering the draw, to accommodate the European qualified teams, and then City, a European qualified team have been completely stitched up, something will have to give.

I suspect that UEFA may be playing a part in this. It’s very possible that you’re not allowed to play a domestic game on the same night in the same city as a game in one of their competitions.
Why the rags game couldn’t be scheduled for Thursday when there was the possibility of this scenario occurring is what I’d like to know.
Well, exactly - since when have europa games been scheduled on wednesdays? Is this another attempt to keep rags in some way relevant?

Well, exactly - since when have europa games been scheduled on wednesdays? Is this another attempt to keep rags in some way relevant?
It’s a byproduct of the wonderful new ‘UEFA calendar’. The first programme of EL fixtures is split 50/50 over Wednesday and Thursday, hence my astonishment that the rags are playing on the Wednesday when there was the possibility of this happening.
After that first week, all subsequent EL games are back where they belong on Thursdays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.