Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Watford (H) | Tues 24th Sept, 49 hours after Arsenal

Even more bizarre to schedule an EDS match versus Lincoln on the same night, to limit the options further.
There is zero chance of City fielding an EDS team in the League Cup, so it is not an issue. City have very few serious injuries at the moment and have plenty of players - Stones, Walker, Foden, Rodri, Ortega, Nunez, O’Reilly, etc., etc. who are in need of game time.

As an FOC have pretty much had to drop the CL particularly as concessions have gone so its League and cheaper cup games for me. Happy with my £12.50 ticket.
Would expect the bench from Arsenal and 1 or 2 like Gundo or Bernardo to keep them organised plus James, Nico, Jacob Wright and possibly a young defender JSP/MH or JWE.

Hi everyone, full disclosure, I'm a United fan (but not a nobhead). I have 2 stepsons, one United (i got to him early enough to ruin his life) and the eldest one is a City fan. I've taken the youngest one to OT a few times now, and I'm conscious that the eldest one probably feels left out. I'm also a firm believer that you should go and watch your team play live when you're a kid when it's a more special experience. I took him on the City tour for his birthday and he was in awe of the place, so I'd like to surprise him with tickets to a game.

With this in mind, I assumed that the Watford game is my best chance to get him (and his mum, not me) a ticket to go and watch City live. So my question is, is it the same as at United where you have to have a membership and e-tickets are forwarded that way, or is there still the holy grail of paper tickets and general sale?

Basically, how likely am I to get tickets as a non-member.
So I've now sorted tickets for my wife and stepson, who is over the moon with this news. I haven't the heart to tell him that the likes of De Bruyne/Haaland, etc will not be playing in this one.

Anyway, my wife won't want to drive to this, so it falls upon me to do the drop off and pick up duties. I'm not really familiar with that side of Manchester at all, so I was wondering where my best bet for drop off and pick up would be in the vicinity of the stadium and somewhere relatively easy to get away afterwards.

So I've now sorted tickets for my wife and stepson, who is over the moon with this news. I haven't the heart to tell him that the likes of De Bruyne/Haaland, etc will not be playing in this one.

Anyway, my wife won't want to drive to this, so it falls upon me to do the drop off and pick up duties. I'm not really familiar with that side of Manchester at all, so I was wondering where my best bet for drop off and pick up would be in the vicinity of the stadium and somewhere relatively easy to get away afterwards.
Drop off pre match is fine as you can do so more or less outside the stadium. It's trickier post match as roads are closed for a period other than for buses. I only really know what happens on Ashton New Road as that's my route post match but you would need to park on a street off it quite a way away from the stadium.

From my experience it depends on which side of the stadium you will be picking them up from. If you can give us an idea eg if you’re travelling back to north Manchester then you’ll probably need to be on the Oldham or Rochdale Road side. If you’re travelling south side then you’ll probably need to be near Ashburys station side.
If you can give us an idea I’m sure we can let you know.

Anyone in the cup scheme know what the process is to relocate?

I have a family member that doesn't have a season ticket and I want to sit with them.

Anyone in the cup scheme know what the process is to relocate?

I have a family member that doesn't have a season ticket and I want to sit with them.

That would involve a phone call unfortunately. No facility for doing it on line. You could try DMing them on Twitter. But I’m almost certain they would just advise you to call anyway.

Where are you travelling back to?
Where in the stadium are the tickets?

From my experience it depends on which side of the stadium you will be picking them up from. If you can give us an idea eg if you’re travelling back to north Manchester then you’ll probably need to be on the Oldham or Rochdale Road side. If you’re travelling south side then you’ll probably need to be near Ashburys station side.
If you can give us an idea I’m sure we can let you know.
Where are you travelling back to?
Where in the stadium are the tickets?
They're in Block 105 in the lower tier. We're driving back to Wrexham afterwards so access to the M56 would be best.

I'll be taking my other stepson somewhere while the game is on so won't be sitting in the car for 3 hours and waiting, so picking up really my only issue. I'll likely be getting back to the stadium about 15 minutes prior to the end. I guess it'll be a case of sharing my location on Whatsapp and then letting them find me wherever I may be.

I've looked on Google maps and Palmerston Street looks my best bet, I know it's permit holders only on a match day, but as I'll only be there for 15-20 minutes and I'll be with my car, I'd assume that's ok?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.