Caravanning

What camper do you have mate, I’m looking in next few years to get one, VW T5 probably then I can take the little one away for the school holidays.

Mine is a Nissan Elgrand 1997 but the conversion was done in 1995 when I bought it. 94k miles , service history since I have owned it. I have added an awning , TV and DVD and a magnetic Ariel, flushing thetford loo & loads of extras. On eBay at mo £8495 is the buy it now with all the extras, if you are interested drop me a PM

First things first - does your licence entitle you to tow? If you passed your test before 1997 you should be ok. Then consider what size caravan, just 2 of you or kids etc. Then you’ll need a car that’s capable of towing it. As a rule of thumb the caravan (loaded) shouldn’t exceed 85% of the cars kerbweight although it’s a grey area. Then awning, gas bottles, waste etc....
I could go on ;)

I passed my driving test in 1981. Will the dealer tell me if my car is suitable to pull my chosen van? I have booked on to a 2 day course from the caravan and motorhome club.

I passed my driving test in 1981. Will the dealer tell me if my car is suitable to pull my chosen van? I have booked on to a 2 day course from the caravan and motorhome club.

Yeah you will have the acquired ‘grandad’ rights to tow a caravan. I think the total car and caravan weight should not exceed 3500kgs, but be sure to check.
Another consideration is the caravans load capacity, that is the difference between the weight when it left the factory, and it’s max laden weight when your missus has filled it with unnecessary crap (if she’s owt like mine).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.