Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducado

Team supported
City
Great performance on Monday night, but no time to rest on our laurels!

I don’t know much about Cardiff, but from what fans of other Championship clubs have told me and they have been not very complementary, but we can expect quite a hostile atmosphere and a team that will be really up for it with it being their very first Prem Game at home

All thoughts, opinions and predictions in here

I believe this game is on Sky

Looks like Boyata will get a game. I hope to God Javi Garcia does not start at CB for us. He's bloody useless at the back. If not do you think Bossaerts might get a chance in the first team. he's looked decent for the EDS. Shame Rekik has gone on loan to PSV but in the long run that move will likely be a better aid to his development.

It is indeed on Sky.

My only experience of Cardiff live was when they turned up at Maine Road in the early 90's as their game, (at Stockport I think), had been called off. Can't remember who we were playing but i'm pretty sure it was pre-premier league.

Many say they are more family orientated now and the nob heads aren't welcome, though with us going there and it being their first PL game, that might bring them back out. I remember Leeds going there for a cup game in the late 90's and that was mental.

As for the game, i'm going 2-0. Clean sheet and another dominant performance to boot.

Can't wait.

it will pretty hostile and fiery i should imagine, but the class that City have will ultimatley tell in the end. Cardiff and the fans will be up for it but Cardiff lack firepower up front and i think the main dangers will come from free kicks and corners from bellers and Whitingham. If City can cope with them then it should be a routine win (and this is coming from a cardiff fan)

I can only see a Man City win, and a fairly comfortable one as well. I predict another 4-0 win.

Pigeonho said:
It is indeed on Sky.

My only experience of Cardiff live was when they turned up at Maine Road in the early 90's as their game, (at Stockport I think), had been called off. Can't remember who we were playing but i'm pretty sure it was pre-premier league.

Many say they are more family orientated now and the nob heads aren't welcome, though with us going there and it being their first PL game, that might bring them back out. I remember Leeds going there for a cup game in the late 90's and that was mental.

As for the game, i'm going 2-0. Clean sheet and another dominant performance to boot.

Can't wait.

it is a completely different club to back then. Most knob heads dont go now because they play in Red :-) Family club of the year for the last 2 years.

And the Leeds game was 2001 and yes that was fucking mental. But everyone hates Leeds, but Cardiff dont hate Man city in the way they hated Leeds. At the time Leeds were a top side and Cardiff were skint and in league 2. I was there that day, and it was the most hostile atmosphere i had ever felt at ninian park and that includes swansea derbies and Millwall coming to town. Leeds fans were gobbing off and they got humbled that day!

adr2.8i said:
Pigeonho said:
It is indeed on Sky.

Can't wait.

it is a completely different club to back then. Most knob heads dont go now because they play in Red :-) Family club of the year for the last 2 years.

And the Leeds game was 2001 and yes that was fucking mental. But everyone hates Leeds, but Cardiff dont hate Man city in the way they hated Leeds. At the time Leeds were a top side and Cardiff were skint and in league 2. I was there that day, and it was the most hostile atmosphere i had ever felt at ninian park and that includes swansea derbies and Millwall coming to town. Leeds fans were gobbing off and they got humbled that day!
That's right, 2001! It was intimidating even on the telly! I have relatives in Cardiff, my uncle goes to the games, though i've not spoken to him since the kit change. The stadium was just being finished the last time I was there on a visit, and a decent stadium it is too.

I really hope this doesn't sound too arrogant, but I think we could take Cardiff to the cleaners. They won't have any experience of playing against the likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Navas, etc. I'm going for another 4-0.

hgblue said:
I really hope this doesn't sound too arrogant, but I think we could take Cardiff to the cleaners. They won't have any experience of playing against the likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Navas, etc. I'm going for another 4-0.

Agreed mate.

Whats needed at grounds like this is a squad all together and believing in just how good they are and realising that the 3 points are a must.

last season we lost that mentality but i firmly believe we have it back in bucket loads.

blueinsa said:
hgblue said:

Agreed mate.

Whats needed at grounds like this is a squad all together and believing in just how good they are and realising that the 3 points are a must.

last season we lost that mentality but i firmly believe we have it back in bucket loads.

I can see Cardiff throwing 9 men behind the ball. Perfect chance to see if we can break teams down this season with the likes of Navas offering more width, Navas and Zabaleta looked outstanding last night.

These were the games we come slightly unstuck in last season, games away from home we really should have been winning. West Ham, Southampton, Sunderland etc.

Sefiruso said:
Looks like Boyata will get a game. I hope to God Javi Garcia does not start at CB for us. He's bloody useless at the back. If not do you think Bossaerts might get a chance in the first team. he's looked decent for the EDS....

From what Pelligrini and others (press/this forum) have said it looks like nastasic has a good chance for this game. If not the Boyata would be a good option to come in. Might be a bit early for Bossaerts. Hopefullly we won't have to sit through a full 90 with lescott and garcia together at the back.

Sefiruso said:
...Shame Rekik has gone on loan to PSV but in the long run that move will likely be a better aid to his development.

Good chance to watch him when PSV play milan tonight in CL qualifier. It's on SS1, 7:45 KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.