Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been to Cardiff twice , mind you that was at Ninian Park back in the 1980's ..... my first visit resulted in a 2-1 defeat , when one of the home charmers threatened to 'cut my throat' on the short walk from Cardiff train Halt to the ground .. but on my second visit we won 3-0 (i think Tony Cunningham got a couple for us that day) ...... however i didn't go to the FA Cup loss there , which i believe was a bit on the 'lively' side , to say the least !

Cardiff may well be a family friendly club these days , but i can still imagine that the atmosphere there will gee the home club up a treat come next weekend ..... however we have enough quality to give them problems in midfield , and up front , and we've got to make that pay in light of the Vincent Kompany injury.

fvigxc.jpg

kcyx3o.jpg

this will be a cracker - wish I was going.

the welshies will be hugely up for this one - team and fans alike and I just can't see them packing the defence unless they get the first goal.

If we score early I think we could demolish them, though it will be interesting to see what happens under Pelle if we haven't broken thugh in the first 20 minutes. Last season we seemed to go off the boil and not know what to do next, hopefully this season the tempo and belief will be up UNTIL we score.

28-0

This game will show us more of how we will fare under MP. Tricky away game at a newly promoted team, their first home game of the season, atmosphere will be intimidating, they will be up for it. If we win well I will be more confident for the season in the league at least. We were amazing on Monday and need to show the same energy and pressing that we did against the barcodes.

Where's everyone meeting for pre-match beer?
Train gets in at just before or after 12 so got 4 hours to kill before kick off. (Train prices deserve a thread all of their own the robbing bastards)
Keen to have a good day I've not been to an away for a fair while.
Have we got pubs in mind or are we just hitting the town centre.
Oh and stay of the Brains bitter it's fucking lethal. lol

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Where's everyone meeting for pre-match beer?
Train gets in at just before or after 12 so got 4 hours to kill before kick off. (Train prices deserve a thread all of their own the robbing bastards)
Keen to have a good day I've not been to an away for a fair while.
Have we got pubs in mind or are we just hitting the town centre.
Oh and stay of the Brains bitter it's fucking lethal. lol

I think i'd remain a bit wary over all this Cardiff are a family club business ... i just can't see the local yobs letting City have the run of the place , or the pubs ... not bearing in mind what Swansea fans did to that rags minibus last weekend !

If, as expected, Nastasic is back, what pairing do we play? Most managers don't like playing two left footers at centre back, so maybe it will be Nastasic and Garcia, assuming Richards is also out?

Tough game. Without Kompany in such imperious form, we are vulnerable at the back.

I'm curious to see how Pellegrini will tweak the midfield and attack for away games. Will he bring in Milner and go more solid, using Navas as an impact sub? Or will he look to play exactly the same as at home? Anyone know how much of a tinkerer he is? Does he tend to stick to a similar 11 each game, or does he like to rotate for rotation's sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.