Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sefiruso said:
blueinsa said:
hgblue said:
I really hope this doesn't sound too arrogant, but I think we could take Cardiff to the cleaners. They won't have any experience of playing against the likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Navas, etc. I'm going for another 4-0.

Agreed mate.

Whats needed at grounds like this is a squad all together and believing in just how good they are and realising that the 3 points are a must.

last season we lost that mentality but i firmly believe we have it back in bucket loads.

I can see Cardiff throwing 9 men behind the ball. Perfect chance to see if we can break teams down this season with the likes of Navas offering more width, Navas and Zabaleta looked outstanding last night.

These were the games we come slightly unstuck in last season, games away from home we really should have been winning. West Ham, Southampton, Sunderland etc.
TBF Southampton completely outplayed us at their place
and WH and Sunderland games was a case of wasted chances

squirtyflower said:
Sefiruso said:
blueinsa said:
Agreed mate.

Whats needed at grounds like this is a squad all together and believing in just how good they are and realising that the 3 points are a must.

last season we lost that mentality but i firmly believe we have it back in bucket loads.

I can see Cardiff throwing 9 men behind the ball. Perfect chance to see if we can break teams down this season with the likes of Navas offering more width, Navas and Zabaleta looked outstanding last night.

These were the games we come slightly unstuck in last season, games away from home we really should have been winning. West Ham, Southampton, Sunderland etc.

The squad was unbalanced last season and shackled.

Dont think we have those problems now.

We saw what happens when a team leaves a lot of space last night, this game will be the chance to see what happens when a team parks the bus. Last season we really struggled with that and i cannot wait to see the difference to last year in breaking teams down.
Im going for 3-0

blueinsa said:
squirtyflower said:
Sefiruso said:

The squad was unbalanced last season and shackled.

Dont think we have those problems now.

Agreed but teams like Southampton even as good as they are shouldn't be completely outplaying us surely. Wasted chances because we were too narrow trying to force it in. Far too easy to defend against imo.

Things look good from the Newcastle game but it's still only one game. Things look promising but i still want to see us pull teams apart away from home using width and showing with have the flexibility we seemingly did not have with Mancini last season.

My last experience in Cardiff was in February 1967 at Ninian Park in a third round cup tie with Cardiff a division lower than City. It ended up 1-1 but Alan Ogley had a nightmare in goal. He just couldn't take goal kicks without fluffing them. The more mistakes he made the more the packed crowd got on his back and the more nervous he became.

I was mighty relieved to get out of there with a draw and for City to win the replay.

tough game this one with kompany out i'll go for a pair of DF boyata-lescott and i hope they can do very well...
hart
zabba-boyata-lescott-clichy
ferna-yaya
navas-aguero-silva
negredo

bench:panti kolarov garcia nasri milner jovetic dzeko

JGL07 said:
My last experience in Cardiff was in February 1967 at Ninian Park in a third round cup tie with Cardiff a division lower than City. It ended up 1-1 but Alan Ogley had a nightmare in goal. He just couldn't take goal kicks without fluffing them. The more mistakes he made the more the packed crowd got on his back and the more nervous he became.

I was mighty relieved to get out of there with a draw and for City to win the replay.
Bloody hell I thought I was the oldest fart on this site!

I also went to that game. It was good to hear that memory of Alan Ogley having a 'mare. My memories were that we played in all white and scored first and that it really was a tough game with a typical cup tie atmosphere.

Their first game at home the crowd will expect them to at least have a go and not play for a draw which should play into our hands. If we can get an early goal i think we will spank them. Aguero to drop to the bench with Nasri coming in and possibly Milner starting ahead of Navas. Apart from that, same team as Monday barring injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.