Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Always had a soft spot for your team prob due to you pretty much always being the underdog in the derbies (oh how times have changed eh!) plus my general hatred towards Utd (excuse my language!)

Anyway, first off congrats on your opening win against Newcastle. You have a great team and some of the footy you played was beautiful to watch.

As for Sunday, you should have too much for us but weve heard that a few times before, ive no doubt we will be up for it and when we are massive underdogs is when something stirs inside us and we become tribal, god help you if that happens! haha

Our players owe us a performance, as against West Ham we just didnt turn up, we are definitely better than that.

Looks like our new signing the danish tank could be making his debut. From what i know of him he is a beast and is strong, powerful, can head the ball, wins a helluva lot of headers but can play it on the floor and score with both feet. Really excited about him!

Others would be Bellers, maybe not as effective as when he played for you last but can still play. Whitts & Kim the playmakers and soon to be cult hero (once weve played the jacks and he breaks michu's legs!!) El Pitbull in a defensive mid role.

Like I said I think you should have too much for us but its not within the realms of possibility for us to get a result against you though!

Best of luck for the season (not including Sunday!), genuinely hope you can reclaim the title as id hate to see utd (again, excuse my language!) or chelski win it.

Most of all, enjoy your trip to Cardiff, you'll enjoy yourselves im sure!

Cardiffian in peace!

Thanks for that Cardiffian.
Soft spot also for Cardiff as it was there in The Clive in Canton that I watched THE match on October 23rd 2011. Around 20 rags there & me alone in the sky blue. Just after half time me on my own.
Good luck for the rest of the season (after Sunday)

Does anyone reckon we could get away with playing Nastasic as the right-sided centre back? Normally, you wouldn't want two left-footers playing together at the back due to the lack of balance. But i think Nastasic is cool as fuck and is so competent with either foot that it wont be much of an issue. What do you reckon?

..........................Aguero..............Dzeko...........................
.....Silva....................................................................Navas
............................Yaya.............Fernandinho....................

Clichy................Lescott............Nastasic...........Zabaleta

.........................................Hart...........................................

Subs: Pantilimon, Garcia, Kolarov, Rodwell/Milner, Nasri, Jovetic, Negredo.

Tricky_Trev said:
Des anyone reckon we could get away with playing Nastasic as the right-sided centre back? Normally, you wouldn't want two left-footers playing together at the back due to the lack of balance. But i think Nastasic is cool as fuck and is so competent with either foot that it wont be much of an issue. What do you reckon?

..........................Aguero..............Dzeko...........................
.....Silva....................................................................Navas
............................Yaya.............Fernandinho....................

Clichy................Lescott............Nastasic...........Zabaleta

.........................................Hart...........................................

Subs: Pantilimon, Garcia, Kolarov, Rodwell/Milner, Nasri, Jovetic, Negredo.

I don't think it makes much difference which side centre backs play. Lescott played on the right when Garcia came on for Vinny and he and Vinny switched sides a few times during the match. If Nastasic and Lescott start I think it'd be Lescott on the right side.

Cardiffian in peace! said:
Hello!

Always had a soft spot for your team prob due to you pretty much always being the underdog in the derbies (oh how times have changed eh!) plus my general hatred towards Utd (excuse my language!)

Anyway, first off congrats on your opening win against Newcastle. You have a great team and some of the footy you played was beautiful to watch.

As for Sunday, you should have too much for us but weve heard that a few times before, ive no doubt we will be up for it and when we are massive underdogs is when something stirs inside us and we become tribal, god help you if that happens! haha

Our players owe us a performance, as against West Ham we just didnt turn up, we are definitely better than that.

Looks like our new signing the danish tank could be making his debut. From what i know of him he is a beast and is strong, powerful, can head the ball, wins a helluva lot of headers but can play it on the floor and score with both feet. Really excited about him!

Others would be Bellers, maybe not as effective as when he played for you last but can still play. Whitts & Kim the playmakers and soon to be cult hero (once weve played the jacks and he breaks michu's legs!!) El Pitbull in a defensive mid role.

Like I said I think you should have too much for us but its not within the realms of possibility for us to get a result against you though!

Best of luck for the season (not including Sunday!), genuinely hope you can reclaim the title as id hate to see utd (again, excuse my language!) or chelski win it.

Cardiffian in peace!

Good post mate ......

yeah , i'm sure that Cardiff can do much better than they did against West Ham , and will no doubt raise their game against us .... not too wild about someone making their debut against us either , that's worked against us on occasion.

However if you want to win titles you have to go to places like Cardiff , weather the storm , and come away with the points ..... it's gonna be exteremely difficult , with the standard of our main rivals , to win the Premiership this season , but it will be exactly the same for Chelsea and United , or anyone else with designs on success ....... very important that we don't lose anymore than five or six games this season , and a defeat at Cardiff , in only our second game , definitely isn't what we're hoping for down there ...... or , it has to be said , expecting.

But good luck to Cardiff after this game , i genuinely hope that you do well in the Premiership.

Cardiffian in peace! said:
Hello!

Cardiffian in peace!

Welcome fella, you'll get a better welcome if you call them rag scum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.