Cardiff (H) Post match Thread

Missed most of the match barring a few bits here and there on Sky Go as I was at the Rhod Gilbert gig. Everyone looked really good from what I saw.

Anyone got a decent match summary though?

We won 2 -0, with goals from KDB and Sane. It could've been a lot more, though ;-)

Missed most of the match barring a few bits here and there on Sky Go as I was at the Rhod Gilbert gig. Everyone looked really good from what I saw.

Anyone got a decent match summary though?

Yep, in two words, cruise control.
On to the next one

Professional is the word to describe that. If we're going to have a real shot at winning everything we will need several more professional performances like that, it's not about smashing 6 past teams right now it's about winning in the easiest, most energy efficient way possible.and that's what we did.

Kev looked sharp tonight, good for him and fernandinho to get minutes under their belt. Foden did well too, looked dangerous. it's important we don't judge his performances any different to what we would if it was either silva or gundogan in there instead though and not go overboard.

Thought jesus started really sharply, some great play with his back to goal and linking up, finishing was suspect though which is what we've come to expect from him now. Mahrez offered very little, yet again he looks like he doesn't belong in this side and what's more, as I've said previously, whenever he plays, whoever plays on the left generally has a tough game too as there's no space on the left because the opposition are comfortable shifting over and leaving the space on the right without risk of Mahrez doing much with it. Sane suffered from this after they adjusted, first 15 minutes or so he was excellent though and scored a superb goal.

Only disappointment from tonight was the zinchenko injury, especially with no Mendy on the bench. I think laporte has to play left back if Mendy isn't fit enough for the rest of the season

That should have been an annihilation tonight. Etheridge was superb but finishing very poor

Dare I say it, birthday boy was possibly the weak link, not in terms of link up play, but in terms of finishing. Sure he’ll come good Saturday tea time though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.