Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Bluebird67 said:
Sorry Cardiff city fan again, well I have access !

You could actually throw it in the box a bit quicker, Dzeko is a beast. You tossed around with nice tippy tappy passes around the box and allowed us to reform our shape when the earlier ball (your second) caught us out. I don't think Mourinho will have much conscience about such philistine tactics.
Yep its been a frustration for some time,i was hoping that style of play was consigned to history.
We need more impetus and zip,it bores the fucking life out of me that sideways shite.

The Rags were wank last week but their directness scored them 4 goals,rocket science it aint!

chaddblue said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
Pablo1 said:
Then you haven't been watching us very long..

Can u tell me when exactly did that happen?I,ll b very interested to knw the answer

Wolves away. One of the passes of the season

I can't remember that though I've bin following city for 4 Years bdw I checked his stats aswell and its 5 assist in 2 years but the argument remains there that going forward he just doesn't have the enough quality

Re: Pressing

Jumanji said:
I thought pressing in packs was the biggest factor as to why we looked rampant against Newcastle but was in no way effectively implemented today.

We dropped deep and and we resigned with Mancini's covering style, and looked timid.

If we matched half of Cardiff's defensive tenacity today we would have been looking at a far different outcome in my opinion.

The failure to press more did disappoint me today. Maybe that was partly due to Vinnie's absence.

We got beat by this man:

red_1767058a.jpg

Bluebird67 said:
Cardiff City fan signing in.

You guys need to get a reality check, the touch and vision of some of your players is light years away from most clubs players.

You caught us on a sunny day in August, with a split set of fans (rebrand) who all remembered what at essence we are, Cardiff City. We had our day in the front of the world against one of worlds most formidable teams.

We just taught your very clever manager a lesson about the premier league, I doubt he will take even Palace lightly after today

Speaking as a normal football fan, I hope you win the league. Be assured we hate Chelsea with a passion and doesn't the world hate united ?
Cheers bluebird or should that be red dragon! Just got back , it's a long way home on the back of a loss but you have to take the rough with the smooth and you fully deserved the 3 points today. I'm sure you will stay up . As for us I still believe we will go on to achieve great things this season,every club has its bad results just that ours came earlier than we would have liked. So lets crack on roll up our sleeves ,it's still going to be great lads and lasses.

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
Because Pellegrini's had the players for roughly seven weeks. I daresay he'll need just a tiny bit more time, especially when you consider he's managed them in only two competitive games. It's not really a huge leap for me to assume that things will change for the better as the manager gets to know his players, their limitations, their strengths etc. Plus it's a particularly difficult moment with Vinny, Micah, and Nastasic out at the very time we're looking for a centre half anyway because we're short having sold Toure. On top of that you've got three glaring individual mistakes from the usually reliable Zaba.

Definitely some room for criticism of Txiki and co for not having moved for a centre half sooner, but then no one's perfect.

Once more, I will have to agree with you.

Some people seem to think Pellegrini has had long enough to make a smooth transition from Mancini's way to his; that he has had long enough to change the mindset of every player but I don't. Old habits die hard and it always seems to be the bad ones that are more persistent than the good. I think that the players still have a mental hurdle to overcome when teams park the bus at their own grounds.
We should be seeing a better response, don't you think?

We lost to two corners after Dzeko got subbed out. Interesting. That man does a lot of corner defense/set piece clearances that go unnoticed around these parts.

noise said:
We lost to two corners after Dzeko got subbed out. Interesting. That man does a lot of corner defense/set piece clearances that go unnoticed around these parts.

Very true.

noise said:
or you could say, it all went tits up after navas went off?

dan.j.mcfc said:
Zizi4City said:
Pellegrini should've kept Dzeko on the field. I'don think he was seriously injured. Not that he had the best game (although he scored the great goal ) but we needed him to help defending those set pieces. Garcia and Lescott are just not good enough to say the least. We must buy one more defender ASAP.

You are aware that both set pieces we conceded from had nothing to do with the men Garcia and Lescott were marking? I'm not saying they are an adequate partnership as they clearly aren't, but one thing they can do is both win the majority of aerial battles.

I'm, but they looked totally unsettled, there was no leadership at the back. When you score two away and concede three who you gonna blame?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.