Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

My only comment.

Why the fuck is Yaya captain?

He is not a leader. Zabba should be doing it instead of Vinny.

mat said:
My only comment.

Anybody can toss a coin they should all be leaders on the pitch

mat said:
My only comment.

I thought that as well, was it at Southampton the last time YaYa was captain over Zab?

Having had time to think dropping Hart would be a disaster. We seem to have changed from zonal marking to man to man this season and I think this was a major factor in the 2nd and 3rd goals. Joe should do better on the 2nd but equally he did well to react from Campbell first half and made a good save that unfortunately led to their first.

I wonder did a lack of trust in our centre backs stop our midfield pressing as aggressively as we needed to? In as much as you can't mark well when you don't trust the guy next to you to do the same so our midfield may not press as well as they feel they had to protect the centre backs.

There is obvious concern at CB and LB.

However I wonder if we are light in centre midfield also? We have Yaya and Fernandinho but there is a distinct drop off in quality to bring on if they are having an off day like Yaya did today.

Milner is solid and dependable but nothing special, Rodwell is injury prone so can't be relied on and Garcia is, well, you know...

What if either Yaya or Fernandinho get inured? I think this could be a problem for us this season.

I have just arrived home from Cardiff and am not going to wade through 94 pages (sorry) so if someone has already said this I apologise.

We were flaming rubbish!!

What has happened to Clichy's runs down the wing? He seemed to be holding back, a number of times he could have been further down the pitch ready for balls, last season he was doing the jinky swift runs down the wing and they worked.

I know that Vincent Kompany was not there but we still should have been able to play as we did on Monday. Oh well, I suppose it is early in the season and not a time to panic.

Just loved the way so many of our fans stayed behind singing 'Don't you worry about a thing'.

One thing I couldn't get my head round though, at 59 minutes, just before they scored, why were so many of our fans down on the concourse drinking? Why bother going to the match if you are not going to watch it? When we have so many people crying out for tickets, it beggars belief!! I admit that this is the first time that I have seen so many but I was amazed. Usually if I have to go to the toilet during the match there are maybe 5 people on the concourse but today I had to weave my way through quite a large crowd. Just my puzzled thoughts!!

Also, why was Zaba not captain? I thought he was always captain when VK wasn't there?

argyle said:

However I wonder if we are light in centre midfield also? We have Yaya and Fernandinho but there is a distinct drop off in quality to bring on if they are having an off day like Yaya did today.

Milner is solid and dependable but nothing special, Rodwell is injury prone so can't be relied on and Garcia is, well, you know...

What if either Yaya or Fernandinho get inured? I think this could be a problem for us this season.

Well we could perhaps call on Garth Barry to maybe do the job he has been doing with reasonable success for the last 3 years now. Just a thought.

BobKowalski said:
argyle said:

Well we could perhaps call on Garth Barry to maybe do the job he has been doing with reasonable success for the last 3 years now. Just a thought.

YYEESS, well said BobKowalski.

BobKowalski said:
argyle said:

Agreed, but does it look like we're selling him? Would be just like letting Kolo go without a replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.